Chuck Woolery: Supporting Trump 'pretty much destroyed my career'
2019-11-14 00:53:43 UTC
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/chuck-woolery-supporting-trump-pretty-much-destroyed-my-career/ar-BBWHEWz?li=BBnb7Kz

Supporting President Trump and taking a conservative stance in public ruined
Chuck Woolery's career and got him shadow-banned from Twitter, said the former
game show host on "Fox & Friends" Wednesday.

Woolery tweeted about his personal political beliefs last week and claimed he
paid a heavy professional price for simply expressing how he felt.

"To answer your question. Yes, I have pretty much destroyed my career by openly
supporting Trump and letting all know, I am a conservative. Painful at times,
but true. After all is said and done. It was my choice and I can live with it. I
would do it all again," he tweeted.

"It was kind of a self-deprecating tweet I sent out because I know I'm
shadow-banned. I've got about 650 or 700,000 followers," he told "Fox & Friends"
host Brian Kilmeade.

"I know the half of them don't get what I say. So I sent this thing out just as
kind of a test -- because it made me look [like] I was losing in life. And it
just went crazy -- it was the biggest tweet I ever had in my life. So as long as
you're a loser they love you."

Woolery chastised those who've taken his past comments out of context and said
most Americans aren't as outraged as they're made out to be.

"My career kind of phased into commercial life. So I have several companies I
represent. And they are bombarded," he said earlier in the segment.

"These people sit in their basement, and they make it look like there are
thousands of people complaining about Chuck Woolery or about the products and
who he represents -- and 'how could you let this fascist, racist guy represent
your company' -- when none of it is true. And these are the same people by the
way who I get on Twitter [saying] 'I watched you when I was growing up. I loved
you... What happened to you?'"

Political discourse in America has gotten so out of control that it's emboldened
people to ruin the lives of those they disagree with, Woolery added.

"What you have wrong is... the companies who you represent are just inundated
with all of this negative [stuff]. It's not true," he said. "They just make this
stuff up and throw it out [there] because they want to destroy your life. They
don't just want to disagree with you. They are so vehement and so virulent. They
just want to destroy you and that's their purpose."

2019-11-14 17:15:29 UTC
[...]
Friends" ost Brian Kilmeade.
[...]
I'd say if you're reduced to being a spokesman for Blu Emu on TV your
career is already pretty much destroyed.
Rudy Canoza
2019-11-14 17:40:45 UTC
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/chuck-woolery-supporting-trump-pretty-much-destroyed-my-career/ar-BBWHEWz?li=BBnb7Kz
Supporting President Trump and taking a conservative stance in public ruined
Chuck Woolery's career and got him shadow-banned from Twitter, said the former
game show host on "Fox & Friends" Wednesday.
Woolery tweeted about his personal political beliefs last week and claimed he
paid a heavy professional price for simply expressing how he felt.
"To answer your question. Yes, I have pretty much destroyed my career by openly
supporting Trump and letting all know, I am a conservative. Painful at times,
but true. After all is said and done. It was my choice and I can live with it. I
would do it all again," he tweeted.
I dislike the tendency, much stronger on the left but also existing on the
right, to destroy a person's livelihood over "wrong" political statements.
It happened to the owner/operator of a good craft brewery near me. In
January 2017, he posted some inflammatory pro-Trump material on his
personal (not business) Facebook page, along with some pretty sophomoric
venom about the "women's march" that occurred the day after the
inauguration. Some proggie shitheads saw his page and launched a campaign
to destroy his business. It worked. He had to sell out in August 2017.

This shit happens all the time, and it's wrong. In 2008, the manager of a
venerable Mexican restaurant in Los Angeles was forced to quit over a small
($100) donation to the Proposition 8 campaign (ban on queer marriage.) She
is a part of the family that owns the restaurant, and both the restaurant
and she personally were renowned for being very queer-friendly, but that
didn't matter to the PC proggie mob. The CEO of Mozilla, Brendan Eich,
suffered the same fate for the same reason in 2014.
A Friend
Dixie Chicks. Next?
Rudy Canoza
2019-11-14 20:38:09 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by Rudy Canoza
Post by Miloch
[...]
Dixie Chicks.
Shameful what was done to them. It's shameful regardless of which side is
doing it. Of course, it happens far more often on the left.

Next...
A Friend
2019-11-14 21:47:30 UTC
Post by Rudy Canoza
Post by A Friend
Post by Rudy Canoza
Post by Miloch
[...]
"Of course."
Post by Rudy Canoza
Next...
Fine. The Dixie Chicks were then currently popular, but their career
was gutted in five minutes by the right after one of the Chicks said
something the right didn't like. For his part, Chuck Woolery was over
and done at least twenty years ago. There's no comparison. (Was
anybody actually paying attention to Woolery if/when he expressed
support for Trump? Personally, I doubt it -- Woolery is pretty obscure
these days -- but cites are always welcome.)

Kevin Sorbo has made the same sort of comments over the years. Same
thing.
Rudy Canoza
2019-11-14 21:51:28 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by Rudy Canoza
Post by A Friend
Post by Rudy Canoza
Post by Miloch
[...]
Yes.
Post by A Friend
Post by Rudy Canoza
Next...
Fine. The Dixie Chicks were then currently popular, but their career
was gutted in five minutes by the right after one of the Chicks said
something the right didn't like. For his part, Chuck Woolery was over
and done at least twenty years ago.
That restaurant manager had her career destroyed barely more than a decade
ago, and Brendan Eich saw his end only five years ago. That Google
engineer was fired due to frenzied left-wing mob outrage only a couple of
years ago.

The left is worse. You know this. Now fuck off, you fraud.
super70s
2019-11-15 00:35:03 UTC
For his part, Chuck Woolery was over and done at least twenty years ago.
There's no comparison. (Was anybody actually paying attention to Woolery
if/when he expressed support for Trump? Personally, I doubt it -- Woolery
is pretty obscure these days -- but cites are always welcome.)
I don't think I could remember the name of that show he made his name
hosting if my life depended on it, was it "Love Connection," kind of a
"Dating Game" rip?
A Friend
2019-11-15 03:22:43 UTC
In article
Post by super70s
For his part, Chuck Woolery was over and done at least twenty years ago.
There's no comparison. (Was anybody actually paying attention to Woolery
if/when he expressed support for Trump? Personally, I doubt it -- Woolery
is pretty obscure these days -- but cites are always welcome.)
I don't think I could remember the name of that show he made his name
hosting if my life depended on it, was it "Love Connection," kind of a
"Dating Game" rip?
Yes, that was it. It was a big hit, too. I also remember the show
pissed off Charlton Heston, who thought it was immoral.

Woolery had done some game shows before that. IIRC he was the original
host of "Wheel of Fortune." In the '90s he pretty much became the
brand for Game Show Network, for which he hosted at least one popular
first-run series. He also did personal appearances for GSN.