Ivanka Accidentally Condemns Her Father, the Administration She Works For, Herself
2018-06-29 14:40:55 UTC
https://theslot.jezebel.com/ivanka-accidentally-condemns-her-father-the-administra-1827232901

Ivanka Trump is back to pretending that she and her racist father, and his
racist administration, care about migrant children.

The Los Angeles Times reports that during an State Department event on human
trafficking, White House Special Advisor to Her Dad Ivanka Trump helped present
a report that condemns the same policies and practices being enforced by the the
Trump administration right this very moment:

A new 68-page report on international human trafficking, unveiled by Secretary
of State Michael R. Pompeo during a ceremony with Ivanka Trump at the State
Department, devotes two pages to withering condemnation of separating families.
The harmful “physical and psychological effects of staying in residential
institutions,” it said, put children at additional risk of human trafficking.

“The international community agrees that a family caregiving setting, or an
alternative solution that is appropriate and culturally sensitive, is the most
conducive environment for the growth, well-being, and safety of children,” the
report states.

It added: “Removal of a child from the family should only be considered as a
temporary, last resort.” [...]

The State Department report cites studies finding “both private and
government-run residential institutions for children” cannot “replicate the
emotional companionship and attention found in family environments that are
prerequisites to healthy cognitive development.”

Funnily enough, the report was actually written before the Trump administration
began its “zero-tolerance” immigration policy, which has forced the separation
of more than 2,000 children from their asylum-seeking families at the
U.S.-Mexico border. Talk about cognitive dissonance!

Oh, and while Ivanka is condemning the practices of the administration she works
for, a quick reminder that they still have no idea how they’re going to reunite
the families they’ve torn apart.

*
Pabst Blue Ribbon
2018-06-29 16:27:59 UTC
Oh, and while Ivanka is condemning the practices of the administration she works
for, a quick reminder that they still have no idea how they’re going to reunite
the families they’ve torn apart.
Should they? If I understand correctly, those families are treated the same
as families of US-born criminals. For them to be treated differently,
illegal immigration should be considered legal.
Miloch
2018-06-29 17:13:05 UTC
Post by Pabst Blue Ribbon
Post by Miloch
Oh, and while Ivanka is condemning the practices of the administration she works
for, a quick reminder that they still have no idea how they’re going to
reunite
the families they’ve torn apart.
Should they? If I understand correctly, those families are treated the same
as families of US-born criminals. For them to be treated differently,
illegal immigration should be considered legal.
You don't understand correctly...US-families of criminals don't have their
children separated from their adult parents...

Travoltron
2018-06-29 19:49:48 UTC
You don't understand correctly...US-families of criminals don't have their
children separated from their adult parents...
Wow.
American criminals don't get separated from their kids when they go to
jail. I had no idea. More libshit "facts".
Miloch
2018-06-29 20:27:45 UTC
Post by Travoltron
Post by Miloch
You don't understand correctly...US-families of criminals don't have their
children separated from their adult parents...
Wow.
American criminals don't get separated from their kids when they go to
jail. I had no idea. More libshit "facts".
Reality check: Immigrant children facing deportation hearings alone

more at
https://www.axios.com/reality-check-immigrant-children-facing-deportation-hearings-alone-1530199514-4eadb833-1313-46c8-9d59-eebec8796c76.html

Many young migrant children who have been separated from their parents will have
to face deportation proceedings alone as the Trump administration works to
reunite these families following a court order.

Why it matters:
“We were representing a 3-year-old in court recently who had been separated from
the parents. And the child — in the middle of the hearing — started climbing up
on the table. It really highlighted the absurdity of what we’re doing with these
kids,” Lindsay Toczylowski, executive director of Immigrant Defenders Law Center
in Los Angeles, told Kaiser Health News.

Backdrop:
Unlike many adults caught crossing the border illegally, unaccompanied migrant
minors are not allowed to be placed in expedited deportation proceedings, which
allows for removal without a hearing. This is why some separated parents have
been deported without their children.

•Unaccompanied minors have always faced their immigration hearings alone unless
defended by a non-profit lawyer or represented by an eligible guardian.

See ya at the Trump Impeachment...I'll be with large cheering crowd setting off
sparklers...you'll join a much smaller group yelling "What about Benghazi and
Hillary's emails?"

*
Travoltron
2018-06-29 21:00:18 UTC
On 6/29/2018 1:27 PM, Miloch wrote:

<snip a bunch of bullshit that doesn't contradict what I said>
Don't hold your breath, old man. Well in your case, maybe you should.
Travoltron
2018-06-29 21:03:31 UTC
https://theslot.jezebel.com/ivanka-accidentally-condemns-her-father-the-administra-1827232901
Well there's a trustworthy news source!

Libs are so fucking stupid. Ivanka is ONE OF THEM! They literally have a
mole in the White House and what do they do? Use her to their advantage?
Of course not, that would take brains. They mock her and push her away.