Glenn Beck Says He’d ‘Rather Die Than Kill the Country’
2020-03-25 06:39:57 UTC
https://www.thedailybeast.com/glenn-beck-says-hed-rather-die-from-coronavirus-than-kill-the-country?ref=home

Beck once argued against so-called “death panels” by saying, “We care about the
elderly. We value life in this country and when you start devaluing life, then
you’re in trouble.”

Former Fox News host Glenn Beck is joining the chorus of right-wing pundits
pushing President Donald Trump to cut the social distancing restrictions off
before they have had a chance to minimize the coronavirus carnage.

Telling listeners of his radio show on Tuesday that he wanted to have “frank
conversation” with them, Beck openly acknowledged that such action could end up
killing millions of Americans, especially older ones like him.

“I mean, I’m in the danger zone. I’m right at the edge, I’m 56,” he said. “In
Italy they’re saying if you’re sick and you’re 60, don’t even come in. So I’m in
the danger zone.”

“I would rather have my children stay home and all of us who are over 50 go in
and keep this economy going and working,” Beck added. “Even if we all get sick,
I would rather die than kill the country. Because it’s not the economy that’s
dying, it’s the country.”

Beck’s comments echoed those of Trump, who said in a Fox News “town hall”
earlier in the day that he plans to have the economy back up and running by
Easter against the advice of medical professionals. “If we lose those companies,
we’re talking about hundreds of thousands of jobs, millions of jobs,” Trump
said. “The faster we go back, the better it’s going to be.”

Back in the early days of the Obama administration, Beck was among those on the
right who followed Sarah Palin by accusing Democrats of wanting to institute
“death panels” with the Affordable Care Act to deny care to elderly citizens.

“I believe it to be true, but that’s quite a statement,” Beck said in 2009,
adding, “I believe she at least should be listened to and you should question,
‘Is it evil?’”

That same year, Beck argued against those so-called “death panels” by saying,
“We care about the elderly.” He added, “We value life in this country and when
you start devaluing life, then you’re in trouble.”

*
jtmpreno
2020-03-25 10:58:38 UTC
https://www.thedailybeast.com/glenn-beck-says-hed-rather-die-from-coronavirus-than-kill-the-country?ref=home
Beck once argued against so-called “death panels” by saying, “We care about the
elderly. We value life in this country and when you start devaluing life, then
you’re in trouble.”
Former Fox News host Glenn Beck is joining the chorus of right-wing pundits
pushing President Donald Trump to cut the social distancing restrictions off
before they have had a chance to minimize the coronavirus carnage.
Telling listeners of his radio show on Tuesday that he wanted to have “frank
conversation” with them, Beck openly acknowledged that such action could end up
killing millions of Americans, especially older ones like him.
snip

Trump is 73 years old. He should lead by example.

By dying.
Sampling Theorem
2020-03-25 23:17:54 UTC
https://www.thedailybeast.com/glenn-beck-says-hed-rather-die-from-coronavirus-than-kill-the-country?ref=home
Hey, I'd be fine with Beck departing this world too. Could he get around
to it yesterday?
Miloch
2020-03-25 23:42:52 UTC
Post by Sampling Theorem
Post by Miloch
https://www.thedailybeast.com/glenn-beck-says-hed-rather-die-from-coronavirus-than-kill-the-country?ref=home
Hey, I'd be fine with Beck departing this world too. Could he get around
to it yesterday?
https://woldcnews.com/807541/fox-news-will-drop-glenn-beck-show-this-year/

..."He was popular with Tea Party activists and drew thousands of people to the
National Mall in Washington last August for a “restoring honor” rally.

"Yet some of his statements were getting him in trouble, and critics appealed to
advertisers to boycott his show last summer after Beck said President Barack
Obama had “a deep-seated hatred for white people.”

"More than 400 Fox advertisers told the company they did not want their
commercials on Beck’s show.

"Viewers also began turning away. Beck’s 5 p.m. ET show averaged 2.7 million
viewers during the first three months of 2010, and was at just under 2 million
for the same period this year, the Nielsen Co. said. His decline was sharper
among younger viewers sought by advertisers.

"Increasingly, the show began to be dominated by Beck standing in front of a
chalk board giving his theories about the world’s troubles.

*
Gronk