CNN's Jake Tapper slams Kayleigh McEnany for 'lying the way most people breathe'...
2020-12-28 17:14:57 UTC
...- but she hits back calling his comments a 'therapy session for a broken
network'

*CNN's Jake Tapper said he never invites White House Press Secretary Kayleigh
McEnany on his show because she 'lies the way that most people breathe'

*He appeared on CNN's Reliable Sources show on Sunday

*'She tells lies, all the time, she cannot acknowledge reality and I am not
going to put someone like that on air,' he said on McEnany

*McEnany formerly worked as a commentator for CNN and joined the White House as
Press Secretary in April 2020

*She hit back on Twitter: 'This is a therapy session for a broken network, and
@jaketapper is lazy enough to participate by lobbing baseless personal attacks'

CNN host Jake Tapper revealed he refuses to interview White House Press
Secretary Kayleigh McEnany on his show because she 'lies the way that most
people breathe,' but she hit back slamming his comments as a 'therapy session
for a broken network.'

On Sunday's Reliable Sources, Tapper was asked about the challenges he faced in
covering the Trump administration and why he didn’t invite White House advisers
onto his show besides Kellyanne Conway.

Tapper explained he didn't invite Trump administration guests because he
wouldn’t get much truth out of them.

'Well there some people that are so mendacious, I just wouldn’t put them on air.
Kayleigh McEnany, I never booked her,' he said.

'Jason Miller from the Trump campaign, I would never book him. These are just
people who tell lies the way that most people breathe. There was no value in
that,' he added.

McEnany, who formerly worked as a commentator for CNN and joined the White House
as Press Secretary in April 2020, hit back at Tapper on Twitter Sunday evening.

'This is a therapy session for a broken network, and @jaketapper is lazy enough
to participate by lobbing baseless personal attacks, with ZERO evidence,' she
tweeted.

'Jake’s real problem: I do not leak. I do not lie. But I DO call out the lies of
the media (i.e. CNN Russia collusion hoax!)' she added.

Tapper acknowledged that he had adviser to the president Kellyanne Conway on the
show, but he viewed her as 'more of a filibusterer and subject changer than a
liar.'

'There is a big difference with someone like Kayleigh McEnany, who just like,
this is what she does,' Tapper said.

'She tells lies, all the time, she cannot acknowledge reality and I am not going
to put someone like that on air,' he added.

On Tapper’s show State of the Union he covers Trump’s presidency and the
coverage has led to Trump’s many attacks against the network.

When Biden was projected to win the presidential election Tapper bashed Trump
saying, 'the long national nightmare is over.'

Tapper has been slammed by some critics for his delayed coverage of the Hunter
Biden scandal regarding his international business affairs and taxes, and for
not being tough enough on Joe Biden.

In one interview in early December Tapper asked Biden: 'When your son came under
scrutiny during the campaign, you vowed "No one in my family or associated with
me will be involved in any foreign operations whatsoever. Period. End of story."
Will your brothers, will your son take leave from any business interests, not
just foreign but any business interests, that might create any even an
appearance of impropriety?'

'My son, my family will not be involved in any business, any enterprise that is
in conflict with or appears to be in conflict with an appropriate distance from
the presidency and government,' Biden responded.

Then Tapper moved on without any digging any deeper.

He also faced scrutiny for his fawning September interview with Jill Biden where
she shut him down when he asked about Joe Biden’s 'occasional gaffes' on the
campaign trail.

'Oh, you can’t even go there. After Donald Trump, you cannot even say the word
gaffe,' she said, shutting him down.

CNN also fell under criticism during a town hall in September where host
Anderson Cooper posed soft questions to then-Democratic nominee Joe Biden after
President Trump was challenged with tough questions by ABC.

2020-12-29 16:34:17 UTC
Tapper explained he didn't invite Trump administration guests because he
wouldn't get much truth out of them.
'Well there some people that are so mendacious, I just wouldnt put them
on air. Kayleigh McEnany, I never booked her,' he said.
'Jason Miller from the Trump campaign, I would never book him.'
Not to mention he's as ugly as a bulldog's asshole.
Post by Miloch
These are just people who tell lies the way that most people breathe.
There was no value in that,' he added.
enough to participate by lobbing baseless personal attacks, with ZERO
evidence,' McEnany tweeted.
'Jake's real problem: I do not leak. I do not lie. But I DO call out the lies
of the media (i.e. CNN Russia collusion hoax!)' she added.
True blue (orange) to the bitter end aren't you, you should've made
close to a million off the taxpayers by now for doing next to nothing so
calm down and do a book deal or sign up with Fox News or something.
It'll all be over soon.
*
Bill Flett
2020-12-29 17:19:23 UTC
Tapper explained he didn't invite Trump administration guests because he
wouldn't get much truth out of them.
'Well there some people that are so mendacious, I just wouldnt put them
on air. Kayleigh McEnany, I never booked her,' he said.
'Jason Miller from the Trump campaign, I would never book him.'
Not to mention he's as ugly as a bulldog's asshole.
Most intriguing simile I've heard or read in a long time