Dumb Trump "911 call/Defund the police" campaign ad
2020-07-21 11:11:27 UTC
Bet you think you have a real shocker here -- like the '64 LBJ "atomic
bomb" ad -- that's going to scare a lot of people into voting for you
don't you.

Sorry guys, this one just falls flat. The audience is a LOT more
sophisticated these days and they know law enforcement is going to be
reformed where necessary but not go away entirely.

Actually it's reminiscent of the "3:00 a.m. phone call" ad your nemesis
Hillary Clinton ran against Barack Obama in the 2008 primary.

The irony drips doesn't it. <guffaw>
NoBody
2020-07-22 10:29:57 UTC
On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 06:11:27 -0500, super70s
Post by super70s
Bet you think you have a real shocker here -- like the '64 LBJ "atomic
bomb" ad -- that's going to scare a lot of people into voting for you
don't you.
Sorry guys, this one just falls flat. The audience is a LOT more
sophisticated these days and they know law enforcement is going to be
reformed where necessary but not go away entirely.
Actually it's reminiscent of the "3:00 a.m. phone call" ad your nemesis
Hillary Clinton ran against Barack Obama in the 2008 primary.
The irony drips doesn't it. <guffaw>
It's not a "fear" ad. This is based on everything that Biden and them
Dems are supporting. The only thing missing from the ad is at the end
when they say leave a message is another message saying "We're sorry,
the mailbox is full, click". This the "new normal" you're asking for?
It's already here in the ciities.
super70s
2020-07-22 11:42:58 UTC
Post by super70s
Bet you think you have a real shocker here -- like the '64 LBJ "atomic
bomb" ad -- that's going to scare a lot of people into voting for you
don't you.
Sorry guys, this one just falls flat. The audience is a LOT more
sophisticated these days and they know law enforcement is going to be
reformed where necessary but not go away entirely.
Actually it's reminiscent of the "3:00 a.m. phone call" ad your nemesis
Hillary Clinton ran against Barack Obama in the 2008 primary.
The irony drips doesn't it. <guffaw>
It's not a "fear" ad. This is based on everything that Biden and them
Dems are supporting.
Biden of course does NOT support defunding the police. This is why the
ad has that ugly little "BIDEN **SUPPORTERS** (my emphasis) WANT TO
DEFUND THE POLICE" graphic, which also a big lie because only a minority
of Biden supporters actually want to "defund" the police.

If they'd said "BIDEN WANTS TO DEFUND THE POLICE" the ad would have been
rejected by the networks for containing a blatant falsehood.

It's like the Dems running an ad claiming "TRUMP SUPPORTERS WANT TO
OVERTHROW OUR DEMOCRACY AND INSTALL TRUMP AS PRESIDENT FOR LIFE,"
which no doubt a minority of them would be fine with.
ciities.
Hello Kiitty
2020-07-22 19:15:56 UTC
Biden of course does NOT support defunding the police.
Biden supports what he is told to support and the squad is anti-police and
anti-America, therefore so is Sleepy Joe. And bye bye guns.
FPP
2020-07-22 21:23:19 UTC
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by super70s
Biden of course does NOT support defunding the police.
Biden supports what he is told to support and the squad is anti-police and
anti-America, therefore so is Sleepy Joe. And bye bye guns.
Guess who? (Hint: he goes by the code-name 'President Bumblefuck'.)

"I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just
took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,"

"Take the guns first, go through due process second,"

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second
--
Nuts that spent the last twenty years prepping their bunker to survive
indefinitely in a nuclear winter are giving up after wearing a thin

"Leaders who have hidden in a bunker and gassed their own citizens
include Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Donald [Bunker Bitch] Trump." -
Ben Wexler
REAL PRESIDENTS LEAD. REALITY TV PRESIDENTS DON'T.

Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20
Hello Kiitty
2020-07-22 22:07:57 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by super70s
Biden of course does NOT support defunding the police.
Biden supports what he is told to support and the squad is anti-police and
anti-America, therefore so is Sleepy Joe. And bye bye guns.
Guess who? (Hint: he goes by the code-name 'President Bumblefuck'.)
"I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just
took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,"
"Take the guns first, go through due process second,"
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second
Certainly not a high point but nowhere near as draconian as Creepy Joe Biden's
plan to outlaw guns and go door to door to take them away from everyone.
FPP
2020-07-23 01:09:07 UTC
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by super70s
Biden of course does NOT support defunding the police.
Biden supports what he is told to support and the squad is anti-police and
anti-America, therefore so is Sleepy Joe. And bye bye guns.
Guess who? (Hint: he goes by the code-name 'President Bumblefuck'.)
"I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just
took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,"
"Take the guns first, go through due process second,"
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second
Certainly not a high point but nowhere near as draconian as Creepy Joe Biden's
plan to outlaw guns and go door to door to take them away from everyone.
Taking your guns without due process? What's worse than that, exactly?

Hello Kiitty
Biden's plan.
FPP
2020-07-23 04:41:28 UTC
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by super70s
Biden of course does NOT support defunding the police.
Biden supports what he is told to support and the squad is anti-police and
anti-America, therefore so is Sleepy Joe. And bye bye guns.
Guess who? (Hint: he goes by the code-name 'President Bumblefuck'.)
"I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just
took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,"
"Take the guns first, go through due process second,"
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second
Certainly not a high point but nowhere near as draconian as Creepy Joe Biden's
plan to outlaw guns and go door to door to take them away from everyone.
Taking your guns without due process? What's worse than that, exactly?
Biden's plan.
Which is? Just saying "Biden's plan." is saying nothing.

FPP
2020-07-23 04:42:44 UTC
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by super70s
Biden of course does NOT support defunding the police.
Biden supports what he is told to support and the squad is anti-police and
anti-America, therefore so is Sleepy Joe. And bye bye guns.
Guess who? (Hint: he goes by the code-name 'President Bumblefuck'.)
"I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just
took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,"
"Take the guns first, go through due process second,"
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second
Certainly not a high point but nowhere near as draconian as Creepy Joe Biden's
plan to outlaw guns and go door to door to take them away from everyone.
Taking your guns without due process? What's worse than that, exactly?
Biden's plan.
Biden's BIG plan? Or his other medium plan? Or his small plan?
And is the 3rd bowl of porridge really 'juuuuust riiiiight...'

Hello Kiitty
Oh no, you've completely lost it.
FPP
2020-07-23 07:55:52 UTC
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by super70s
[...]
Yeah, I've lost it because you can't manage a coherent answer.
That must be it!

Siri Cruise
2020-07-23 08:50:34 UTC
Post by FPP
Yeah, I've lost it because you can't manage a coherent answer.
That must be it!
Biden's going to turn the water pink and outlaw white grapes.
trotsky
2020-07-23 11:07:05 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by Hello Kiitty
Did you expect more from Hello Klitty?
FPP
2020-07-23 11:34:35 UTC
Post by trotsky
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by super70s
[...]
Not really... same troll, different nym.

Siri Cruise
2020-07-23 11:39:19 UTC
Post by trotsky
Did you expect more from Hello Klitty?
Hello, chlamydia?
2020-07-23 15:01:19 UTC
Post by trotsky
Post by FPP
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by NoBody
On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 06:42:58 -0500, super70s
Certainly not a high point but nowhere near as draconian as Creepy Joe Biden's
plan to outlaw guns and go door to door to take them away from everyone.
Taking your guns without due process?  What's worse than that,
exactly?
Biden's plan.
Biden's BIG plan?  Or his other medium plan?  Or his small plan?
And is the 3rd bowl of porridge really 'juuuuust riiiiight...'
Oh no, you've completely lost it.
Yeah, I've lost it because you can't manage a coherent answer.
That must be it!
Did you expect more from Hello Klitty?
He's one of these sad-sacks that mothers point to and warn their kids to stay
away from 'cause "...you don't know where he's been or what he's been doing to
himself"

*
NoBody
2020-07-23 10:55:05 UTC
Post by NoBody
The only thing missing from the ad is at the end when they say leave a
message is another message saying "We're sorry, the mailbox is full,
click". This the "new normal" you're asking for? It's already here in the
ciities.
Has Biden called for redirecting funds from the police, yes or no? If
yes (and it is) that is supporting the movement.
Ubiquitous
2020-07-24 23:07:10 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by NoBody
The only thing missing from the ad is at the end when they say leave a
message is another message saying "We're sorry, the mailbox is full,
click". This the "new normal" you're asking for? It's already here in the
ciities.
Has Biden called for redirecting funds from the police, yes or no? If
yes (and it is) that is supporting the movement.
I guess super70s is still researching the answer...

--
"It took a worldwide pandemic. It took a 35% plunge in the stock
market. It took quarantining. It took many small businesses closing. It
the Obama high mark."
super70s
2020-07-25 05:13:29 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by NoBody
The only thing missing from the ad is at the end when they say leave a
message is another message saying "We're sorry, the mailbox is full,
click". This the "new normal" you're asking for? It's already here in the
ciities.
Has Biden called for redirecting funds from the police, yes or no? If
yes (and it is) that is supporting the movement.
I guess super70s is still researching the answer...
It's been researched more thorougly than I ever could (breakdown,
shakedown, yer
busted Nobody)...

Trump's False, Recurring Claim About Biden's Stance on Police

By Rem Rieder
FactCheck.org
Posted on July 21, 2020

The Trump campaign has spent at least $20 million in July on
advertising promoting the false and repeatedly debunked claim that
presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden favors defunding
the police.

Biden has said he doesn't support that. "While I do not believe federal
dollars should go to police departments violating people's rights or
turning to violence as the first resort, I do not support defunding
police," the former vice president said in a June 10 op-ed.

A campaign spokesman also told us Biden supports more funding for
police for initiatives to strengthen community relationships and for
body-worn cameras.

The Trump campaign's latest TV ad debuted on July 20, just one day
after a nationally televised interview in which President Donald Trump
made the claim -- and was instantly corrected by interviewer Chris
Wallace, host of "Fox News Sunday."

The new commercial, which has aired most heavily in the swing states
Florida and Pennsylvania, explicitly says that Biden supports defunding
the police. Previous ads on the subject say that his supporters do and
suggest that law enforcement spending would plummet during a Biden
presidency, leaving Americans at the mercy of criminals. The campaign
has spent $461,000 on the new ad in the first two days, according to
Advertising Analytics.

The issue came to the fore when Trump said falsely in his interview
with Wallace, which was recorded July 17 and aired two days later, that
"Biden wants to defund the police," citing recommendations put together
by allies of Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders, his defeated rival for the
Democratic presidential nomination. Wallace -- correctly -- immediately
challenged the president's claim.

Trump: And Biden wants to defund the police.

Wallace: No he, sir, he does not.

Trump: Look. He signed a charter with Bernie Sanders; I will get
that one just like I was right on the mortality rate. Did you read the
charter that he agreed to with …

Wallace: It says nothing about defunding the police.

Trump asked for and received a copy of the Biden-Sanders Unity Task
Force Recommendations. But there is no reference in it to defunding the
police, as Wallace pointed out.

Wallace: The White House never sent us evidence the Bernie-Biden
platform calls for defunding or abolishing police -- because there is
none. It calls for increased funding for police departments–that meet
certain standards. Biden has called for redirecting some police funding
for related programs -- like mental health counseling.

Undeterred, after the interview was recorded, Trump on Friday tweeted
that Biden favored defunding the police even if Biden used "different
words."

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump: "Corrupt Joe Biden wants to defund
our police. He may use different words, but when you look at his pact
with Crazy Bernie, and other things, that's what he wants to do. It
would destroy America! 7:24 PM - Jul 17, 2020"

The task force document does not call for defunding or abolishing the
police. As we wrote in June in examining another Trump campaign ad, the
former vice president has said explicitly that he doesn't support that.

There is no agreed upon definition for the term "defund the police."
Some critics of the police, who believe there is systemic racism in law
enforcement, really do want to abolish police forces and replace them
with other forms of community safety entities. Others advocate shifting
some money and functions away from police departments to social service
agencies.

But the Trump ads suggest defunding the police means taking away
significant amounts of money, crippling law enforcement.

In the wake of George Floyd's death in police custody in Minneapolis on
May 25, the Minneapolis City Council approved a proposed ballot measure
to abolish the Police Department and instead form a new "Department of
Community Safety and Violence Prevention." The new entity would oversee
"public safety services prioritizing a holistic, public health-oriented
approach," the proposal says. There may still be a law enforcement
division, and the matter is up to voters to decide in the November
election.

TRUMP'S NEW AD

Although we and others have debunked Trump's assertion that Biden
supports defunding the police, the Trump campaign has advertised
heavily to suggest that he does and that the United States would be
overrun with crime should Biden make it to the White House.

The new ad, called "Break In," shows an elderly woman watching TV,
while someone is trying to break into her home. In the background, Sean
Hannity of Fox News can be heard falsely reporting, "Joe Biden said
he's absolutely on board with defunding the police." Biden is then
heard saying, "Yes. Absolutely." A clip of Biden making that same
statement was used deceptively in a previous Trump campaign ad on the
subject. In fact, Biden was responding to a question not about
defunding the police but about shifting some funding to social service
agencies: "But do we agree that we can redirect some of the funding?"
progressive activist Ady Barkan asked in a July 8 interview.

In a segment of the interview that didn't appear on YouTube, Biden said
he supports reforms, but "that's not the same as getting rid of or
defunding all the police." (The Washington Post Fact Checker obtained
audio of the full conversation.)

When asked about redirecting some funding, which Biden agrees to, he
goes on to say: "And by the way, not just redirect, condition them. If
they don't eliminate chokeholds, they don't get Byrne grants. If they
don't do the following, they don't get any help. If they don't do --
because you know as well as I do, the vast majority of all police
departments are funded by the locality, funded by the municipality,
funded by the state. It's only the federal government comes in on top
of that. And so it says you want help, you have to do the following
reforms, you have to make sure you have no-knock warrants eliminated.
If you have them, you don't get Byrne grants."

Byrne grants are awarded to local governments by the U.S. Department of
Justice.

In the next part of the TV ad, the woman at home tries to call the
police and hears this message "You've reached 911. I'm sorry that there
is no one here to answer your emergency call. But leave a message and
we'll get back to you as soon as we can."

These words flash on the screen: "You won't be safe in Joe Biden's America."

The ad and similar Trump ads running this month are completely groundless.

Biden has said in no uncertain terms that he does not endorse defunding
the police.

"No, I don't support defunding the police," Biden told "CBS Evening
News" anchor Norah O'Donnell on June 8. "I support conditioning federal
aid to police, based on whether or not they meet certain basic
standards of decency and honorableness. And, in fact, are able to
demonstrate they can protect the community and everybody in the
community."

Biden reiterated that position in an op-ed published in USA Today on June 10.

Biden, June 10: While I do not believe federal dollars should go to
police departments violating people's rights or turning to violence as
the first resort, I do not support defunding police. The better answer
is to give police departments the resources they need to implement
meaningful reforms, and to condition other federal dollars on
completing those reforms.

So, while the former vice president has rejected the notion of
defunding the police, police could lose some federal aid if they refuse
to implement what Biden called "meaningful reforms." Then again, police
could also receive more funding to implement changes in policing, under
Biden's approach.

When we asked the Biden campaign about the issue, spokesman Andrew
Bates sent us a statement saying that Biden opposes defunding the
police but supports changes. The statement also says Biden supports
more money for certain initiatives that would strengthen the
relationship between the police and the community and for body-worn
cameras.

OTHER MISLEADING ADS

The Trump campaign has spent $2.7 million as of July 21, according to
Advertising Analytics, on an ad that debuted on July 15 and closes with
the words "YOU WON'T BE SAFE IN JOE BIDEN'S AMERICA." The ad has aired
in traditional swing states and newly contested ones, among them
Florida, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and North Carolina.

The ad, which begins with a ringing but unanswered phone, talks of the
"radical left-wing mob's agenda," which includes "defund the police."
It then says, "Joe Biden stands with them."

It also includes another deceptively edited sequence in which Biden
seemed to agree -- "Yes. Absolutely." -- to the idea of cutting police
funding. In fact, as we said, he was responding to the question about
shifting some funding to social service agencies.

As of July 21, the Trump campaign also has spent $16.5 million,
according to Advertising Analytics, on a TV ad called "Abolished." The
ad, which debuted July 2, has aired heavily in Florida, Pennsylvania,
and Georgia. The campaign also has spent $357,000 on a Spanish version
of the ad, according to Advertising Analytics.

As the other commercial does, this one ends with these words on the
screen: "You won't be safe in Joe Biden's America."

As images of rioting and mayhem roll across the screen, the ad's
narrator says, "You have reached the 911 police emergency line. Due to
defunding of the police department, we're sorry but no one is here to
take your call." The caller is instructed to press one to report a
rape, two to report a murder and three to report a home invasion. All
other callers are told to leave a message, and that the current wait
time to receive a return call is five days.

These words appear on the screen: "Joe Biden's supporters are fighting
to defund police departments."

All three ads, like the one we wrote about in June, falsely claim or
suggest that Biden supports a policy he has explicitly rejected.

Editor's note: FactCheck.org does not accept advertising. We rely on
grants and individual donations from people like you. Please consider a
donation. Credit card donations may be made through our "Donate" page.
If you prefer to give by check, send to: FactCheck.org, Annenberg
Public Policy Center, 202 S. 36th St., Philadelphia, PA 19104.

#