Women 'tied like pigs,' forced abortions part of China's 'one-child policy,' doc shows
Add Reply
Christine Blasey Ford
2019-08-10 14:19:00 UTC
Although China's one-child policy ended years ago, the
consequences of forced abortions, sterilizations, abandoned
newborns, and government abductions are just being realized.

"One Child Nation," a documentary by Amazon Studios, hits
theaters Friday, detailing the devastation felt by parents
forced to abandon their children, in many cases knowing they
would die, and women forced to have abortions or sterilizations
"tied like pigs" to satisfy the Communist Party from 1979 until
2015, similar to human rights abuses reported in North Korea.

"Every woman has almost gone through a forced abortion or forced
sterilization," Nanfu Wang, co-director and producer of the
documentary, told PBS. "Sometimes the babies...they were born
alive, and because of the policy and her job, she had to kill
them after they were born alive, and she is really traumatized
because of that."

Wang spoke to the midwife who delivered her, who admitted doing
50 to 60,000 abortions over her time to enact a policy that the
government claims prevented 400 million births.

“I was the one who killed. I was the executioner,” the midwife
said. “The state gave the orders, but I carried it out.”

The film's preview says it "will challenge the way you think."
But Wang said her family, after decades of propaganda and
watching the documentary, still believes the policy was a good
thing for China overall.

Wang's uncle describes abandoning his own newborn daughter,
hoping someone would adopt her, but he found her the next day
dead, covered with bugs.

"My mom threatened to kill herself and said, 'If you keep this
baby girl, I will either kill myself or I will strangle her to
death first before killing myself,'" he shared. "I thought I
could save her life by giving her away but she ended up dead."

Almost every person they spoke to said they didn't have a
choice, from family planning officials to midwives to ordinary
Chinese citizens.

Wang asks in the film: "What made these good people do evil
things?"

While the Chinese government has said it is in the process of
ending all population control policies, the crackdown on
religion has intensified.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/women-one-child-china-policy-
forced-abortion-sterilization-documentary
Byker
2019-08-10 23:18:32 UTC
Although China's one-child policy ended years ago, the consequences of
forced abortions, sterilizations, abandoned newborns, and government
abductions are just being realized.
"One Child Nation," a documentary by Amazon Studios, hits theaters Friday,
detailing the devastation felt by parents forced to abandon their
children, in many cases knowing they would die, and women forced to have
abortions or sterilizations "tied like pigs" to satisfy the Communist
Party from 1979 until 2015, similar to human rights abuses reported in
North Korea.
The young generation left behind:

Millions of Chinese kids parent themselves: