Conservative Pastor Claims He 'Healed' Viewers of Coronavirus Through Their TV Screens
2020-03-18 22:50:50 UTC
https://www.newsweek.com/conservative-pastor-claims-he-healed-viewers-coronavirus-through-their-tv-screens-1492044

Conservative televangelist Kenneth Copeland told viewers of his ministry's
program that they were "healed" of the coronavirus disease as he prayed while
asking them to touch their televisions screens to receive the spiritual healing.

Copeland's bizarre message to his followers during a "special report" on his
Victory channel, titled "Standing Against Coronavirus," was first reported by
Right Wing Watch on Thursday. In a clip of his prayer, the Christian pastor
reaches his outstretched hand toward the camera, asking viewers to draw close
and touch their screens.

"Thank you, Lord Jesus. He received your healing," the religious leader said in
the video, bowing his head. "Now say it: I take it. I have it. It's mine. I
thank you and praise you for it."

He went on: "According to the word of God, I'm healed. And I consider not my own
body. I consider not symptoms in my body. But only that which God has promised."

At the end of his prayer, Copeland proclaimed, "Healed and well."

The televangelist isn't the first Christian leader to offer an unusual cure for
coronavirus to his Christian followers. Pastor Jim Bakker, who hosts The Jim
Bakker Show, told his viewers on February 12 that they could purchase a product
called Silver Solution from a so-called natural health expert he was
interviewing.

2020-03-19 02:35:21 UTC
https://www.newsweek.com/conservative-pastor-claims-he-healed-viewers-
coronavirus-through-their-tv-screens-1492044
Conservative televangelist Kenneth Copeland told viewers of his ministry's
program that they were "healed" of the coronavirus disease as he prayed while
asking them to touch their televisions screens to receive the spiritual healing.
Copeland's bizarre message to his followers during a "special report" on his
Victory channel, titled "Standing Against Coronavirus," was first reported by
Right Wing Watch on Thursday. In a clip of his prayer, the Christian pastor
reaches his outstretched hand toward the camera, asking viewers to draw close
and touch their screens.
Now that's irresponsible, he should've been wearing gloves and a mask
and asked his viewers to stay at least 6 feet away.