Hillary Clinton on Lindsey Graham: 'It's like he had a brain snatch'
2019-12-05 00:33:40 UTC
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/04/hillary-clinton-lindsey-graham-075343

Hillary Clinton criticized her former Republican colleague, Senator Lindsey
Graham, on Wednesday, saying it was like he had a “brain snatch.”

Clinton reflected on her frequent travels with Graham and the late Sen. John
McCain, whom she said she “admired and liked enormously,” during her tenure as a
New York senator.

“Lindsey was good company, he was funny, he was self-deprecating,” the former
Secretary of State told Howard Stern on his morning radio show.

“He also believed in climate change back in those days,” she continued, taking
aim at the Republican for toeing party lines in recent years. “I saw him as
somebody who, you know, had been working to try to figure out what he believed
and how he could do things.”

“Has he sold his soul to the devil?” Stern prodded.

“I don’t know,” Clinton responded. “That’s a fair question, however.”

“I'll be honest with you,” she continued. “I haven't talked to him in a long
time ... It's like he had a brain snatch, you know?”

During her run against President Donald Trump in the 2016 campaign, Graham
pegged Trump as a “nutjob” and a “race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot,”
predicting if the GOP nominated him, they would be “destroyed … and we will
deserve it.”

But Graham, McCain’s close friend in the Senate, transformed from one of Trump’s
sharpest Republican critics to a Trump loyalist, despite the President’s public
insults of McCain, including his denial of McCain’s status as a war hero because
“he was captured.”

“What I don't understand is how [Graham] went from being the friend and the real
confidant of the Maverick — John McCain — who I didn't agree with politically,
but I found him to be a man of integrity, a man of real strength and
conviction,” Clinton lamented in the sprawling interview, which covered her 2016
loss to Trump, religion and the 2020 Democratic candidate field.

Clinton recalled Graham’s tribute to her in TIME Magazine’s 100 leaders and
revolutionaries in 2006, a decade prior to the Republican’s shift to attacking
her during the 2016 election cycle for her use of a private email server during
her time as secretary of State.

“I don’t know what’s happened to Lindsey Graham,” she said

*
Hello Kitty
2019-12-06 09:01:08 UTC
?'ll be honest with you,?she continued. ? haven't talked to him in a long
time ... It's like he had a brain snatch, you know??
Crooked Hillary's gone senile.
Miloch
2019-12-06 14:50:49 UTC
Post by Hello Kitty
?'ll be honest with you,?she continued. ? haven't talked to him in a long
time ... It's like he had a brain snatch, you know??
Crooked Hillary's gone senile.
...the Trumperoonie WENT senile long before he was elected.

The only unanswered questions are who changes his diapers and why does he lock
the bedroom door behind him when he goes to bed...alone.