Oliver Stone slams politically correct Hollywood...
2020-07-14 15:15:28 UTC
...and says you need a 'sensitivity counselor' or 'Covid adviser' to make a
movie now and compares Academy to an 'Alice in Wonderland tea party

more at
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8521509/Oliver-Stone-slams-Hollywood-says-need-sensitivity-counselor-Covid-adviser-now.html

*Oliver Stone said 'everything has become too fragile and sensitive,' in
Hollywood

*'You can't make a film without a Covid adviser. You can't make a film without a
sensitivity counselor. It's ridiculous,' he said in a new interview

*The director, 73, said he has never seen the Academy of Motion Pictures 'quite
mad like this' and compared it to an 'Alice in Wonderland tea party'

*He complained about longer shoots due to social distancing for actors amid the
coronavirus pandemic, resulting in increased costs

*Stone said his forthcoming film will show that J.F.K. was murdered by powerful
government forces and he may release it on 'YouTube or in Transylvania'

*He admitted that his 20 or so Hollywood films have worn him out and he doesn't
feel like doing another one right now

*Stone's novel Chasing the Light, which depicts his life from the Vietnam war
zone to the Oscar stage, comes out July 21

Movie director Oliver Stone has criticized modern Hollywood for being
'politically correct' and and feels the industry has gone 'mad'.

Stone, 73, who won Academy Awards for his 1986 movie Platoon, feels 'worn out'
after making 20 motion pictures with major studios, and the current industry
standards amid the coronavirus pandemic have put him off projects that are not
on his terms.

'The problem is in Hollywood. It's just so expensive — the marketing. Everything
has become too fragile, too sensitive,' Stone told the New York Times Magazine
in an interview. 'Hollywood now — you can't make a film without a Covid adviser.
You can't make a film without a sensitivity counselor. It's ridiculous.

'The Academy changes its mind every five, 10, two months about what it's trying
to keep up with. It's politically correct [expletive], and it's not a world I'm
anxious to run out into. I've never seen it quite mad like this. It's like an
"Alice in Wonderland" tea party.'

Stone also pointed to increased costs that are expected to come with production
due to the coronavirus pandemic as he clarified the complications he was
referring to.

'I just read something about how films are going to be very expensive to make
now, because you need to take all these precautions, and a 50-day shoot becomes
a 60-day shoot, and social distancing for actors,' he explained. 'That's what
I'm talking about.'

In recent years Stone has released 2016's Snowden starring Joseph Gordon Levitt
and 2012's Savages starring Blake Lively.

In his memoir Chasing the Light, out July 21, he details his life from the
Vietnam war zone to the Oscar stage.

Stone - whose 1991 movie, JFK, starred Kevin Costner - said in the new interview
that he's not afraid to make films that aren't necessarily going to be popular.

That includes the upcoming working title J.F.K.: Destiny Betrayed, which he says
he is making because 'there's been quite a bit of new material revealed that
people have basically ignored' in the last three decades since his film where he
was accused of fear-mongering.

'I'm not scared of that,' Stone continued about a possible repeat of
accusations. 'I'm past that age. I don't need to make a Hollywood movie. I don't
need to get the approval of the bosses.'

Stone's documentary will explore how there's 'no chain of custody' to the single
bullet fired by Lee Harvey Oswald that caused multiple wounds to Kennedy and
Texas Governor John Connally who was riding in the same car. It also delves into
how the autopsy from Bethesda, Maryland 'was completely fraudulent'.

'And there's Vietnam. No historian can now honestly say that the Vietnam War was
Kennedy's child. That's crucial,' Stone continued. 'The last thing is the C.I.A.
connection to Oswald. We have a stronger case, not only for post-Russia but also
for pre-Russia. In other words, he was working with the C.I.A. before he went
and when he came back. Those are the main points.

'Those who are interested will find it's pretty clear that J.F.K. was murdered
by forces that were powerful in our government.'

Stone added that while he 'would have no problem doing another' Hollywood film,
he doesn't 'feel it right now'.

'Frankly, I did 20, and I got worn out,' he admitted.

He says the J.F.K film points the finger at a 'couple of individuals' and
whether or not the mainstream accepts it 'it will be out'.

'Even if it's on YouTube,' Stone added. 'Or in Transylvania.'

2020-07-14 21:49:59 UTC
[...]
I just hope Ollie has a Trump movie in him before he retires, it would
probably be his biggest hit ever.