Tucker Carlson accuses the soft drink boss of trying to 'control our democracy'
2021-04-03 16:37:06 UTC
'He knows nothing about American values': British Coca-Cola CEO is slammed for
weighing in on Georgia voting law...

more at
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9432791/Tucker-Carlson-hits-British-Coke-CEO-trying-control-democracy.html

*Coca Cola CEO James Quincey has been slammed for weighing in on the controversy
surrounding Georgia's new voter laws

*The British-born businessman publicly condemned new legislation signed this
week, calling it 'unacceptable'

*Fox News' Tucker Carlson hit out at Quincey for meddling in politics

*'Just because you run a soft drink company doesn't mean you get to control our
democracy,' Tucker said Friday

*Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp appeared on Fox News where he blasted cancel culture

*Donald Trump called on supporters to 'boycott baseball' in a statement Friday
after the MLB pulled its All-Star Game from Georgia over its new voting law

*'Boycott baseball and all of the woke companies that are interfering with Free
and Fair Elections. Are you listening Coke, Delta, and all!' Trump said

Tucker Carlson has hit out at British Coca-Cola CEO James Quincey after the soft
drink chief publicly spoke out against Georgia's new voting law following
mounting pressure from activists.

'Let me be crystal clear and unequivocal: This legislation is unacceptable,'
Quincey, 56, said in an interview with CNBC this week.

'It is a step backwards and it does not promote principles we have stood for in
Georgia around broad access to voting, around voter convenience, about ensuring
election integrity. And this is -- this is frankly just a step backwards.'

Quincey, who is from London, joins a growing list of corporations, including
Delta and the MLB, that have condemned the state's controversial new bill, which
critics say will unfairly restrict voting rights and curtail the influence of
Black voters.

His comments were slammed Friday by Tucker Carlson and social media users alike
who criticized the British-born businessman for taking a stance in American
politics.

'It's not clear how long the CEO of Coca-Cola has been in this country, but just
to restate: Just because you run a soft drink company doesn't mean you get to
control our democracy,' Carlson wrote in an opinion piece on Fox.

'So Coca-Cola is very, very concerned about Black people, which makes you
wonder, since we're on the subject, how many Black people have died in the last
hundred years from diabetes caused by Coca-Cola products?' he continued.

'We don't have those numbers. Someone ought to find out. We bet money it's far
more than the Minneapolis Police Department has killed, ever.'

Quincey joined the Coca-Cola Company in 1996 and appeared to have been mainly
involved in its European operations until becoming COO in August 2015.

Prior to joining the company, he worked for US management consulting firm Bain &
Company. Although he was born in the UK, he lived in New Hampshire, where his
father was a professor at Dartmouth, for three years before moving back to
Birmingham, England at the age of five.

On social media, critics were quick to point out Quincey's nationality and
blasted the CEO for weighing in on American policy.

'@CocaCola James Quincey I think you should keep your mouth shut. You should go
back to the UK. We stopped listening to people like you and your country back in
1776,' one user tweeted.

'The CEO of Coca-Cola, James Quincey, isn't even an American citizen, yet he is
trying to tell the State of Georgia what kind of of laws it can & can't have,
all while doing business in China,' said another. 'Deport James Quincey.'

One Twitter user added: '[James Quincey] knows NOTHING about American values,
he's British! We left his tyrannical king 245 yrs ago. Now he wants to bring his
tyranny here, + tell us how to run things.'

The Coca Cola Company's headquarters are based in Atlanta, Georgia, however it
is unclear how long Quincey has been in the US or if he has become a naturalized
citizen since being appointed CEO in 2016.

Former President Donald Trump Friday called on supporters to 'boycott baseball'
as Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp and Tucker Carlson blasted cancel culture after the
MLB pulled its All-Star Game from the state over its new voting law.

2021-04-03 21:14:59 UTC
[...]
So I take it Tucker Carlson has never commented on the politics of the
UK or other countries around the world.
Siri Cruise
2021-04-03 23:59:33 UTC
In article
'It's not clear how long the CEO of Coca-Cola has been in this country, but
just to restate: Just because you run a soft drink company doesn't mean you
get to control our democracy,' Carlson wrote in an opinion piece on Fox.
So I take it Tucker Carlson has never commented on the politics of the
UK or other countries around the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One,_Two,_Three

'Scarlett¹s going to have puppies.'