Tanya Roberts is still alive despite reports of her death, rep says
2021-01-05 03:51:10 UTC
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tanya-roberts-still-alive-death-rep-234013742.html

Actress Tanya Roberts is still alive, her manager confirms to Yahoo
Entertainment. The news comes one day after the actress’s publicist, Mike
Pingel, informed the media of her death.

Roberts, a former Bond girl and That ‘70s Show star, was apparently hospitalized
at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Dec. 24 after collapsing at her
home. Pingel told the Associated Press she passed away on Sunday after being on
a ventilator. No cause of death was given, but he said it was not due to
COVID-19.

Now, Pingel tells TMZ and the AP that Roberts is not dead, but remains
hospitalized.

According to TMZ, Pingel was informed of the actress’s passing by her domestic
partner, Lance. In Sunday’s press release, Pingel even included the following
quote attributed to Lance: “As I held her in her last moments, she opened her
eyes.” Pingel says Lance got a call on Monday morning from the hospital that
Roberts was not dead. Pingel also notes Lance believed Roberts had died.

It’s unclear how the confusion occurred. Yahoo Entertainment has reached out to
Pingel for clarification, but did not immediately receive a response.

Roberts’s most notable movie role is in the 1985 James Bond film A View to a
Kill. More recently, she’s best known for playing Donna Pinciotti’s mom, Midge,
on That 70’s Show from 1998 to 2004. She also starred in the fifth and final
season of Charlie’s Angeles with other TV credits including The Love Boat, Silk
Stalkings, Fantasy Island, The Blues Brothers Animated Series and Barbershop.

2021-01-05 17:36:25 UTC
[...]
*
Tanya Roberts dies at 65: Bond star passes away 24 hours after her partner
mistakenly announced that she had died when she was still fighting for life in
hospital

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9114919/Bond-girl-Tanya-Roberts-DIES-65-24-hours-rep-prematurely-said-passed-away.html

*Actress died Monday night at L.A.'s Cedars-Sinai Hospital, her partner said

*Roberts' partner Lance O'Brien and rep Mike Pingel had said she died Sunday

*O'Brien was doing an interview with Inside Edition the next afternoon when he
received a call from the hospital saying the 65-year-old Bond girl was still
alive

*'You are telling me she's alive?' he says into the phone before erupting in
tears

*O'Brien said he believed he had said his last goodbyes to his partner on Sunday

*He said that due to COVID measures he could only have limited contact

*'I called her publicist Mike Pingel and I said I just said goodbye to Tanya,'
he said

*Pingel later told the media that the actress had died before the correction

*L.A.'s Cedars-Sinai Hospital have not revealed what caused the mix-up