With Trump Gone, Women Are Now Free to Prove They, Too, Can Lead the U.S. War Machine
2021-02-18 02:09:07 UTC
https://theslot.jezebel.com/with-trump-gone-women-are-now-free-to-prove-they-too-1846288621

Now that Donald Trump is out of the White House, two top military officials,
whose promotions were held back because Pentagon leaders were worried Trump
would be mad simply because they are women, are free to ascend to prominent
command posts. Congratulations to the Biden administration and to Air Force
General Jacqueline Van Ovost and Army Lieutenant General Laura Richardson, on
providing us with the latest example of how women, if given the opportunity, can
do whatever men do, including overseeing key aspects of our country’s war
machinery.

According to reporting from the New York Times, Van Ovost’s and Richardson’s
promotions were put on hold by then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper and General
Mark Milley, the chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, because the two “feared
that any candidates other than white men for jobs mostly held by white men might
run into turmoil once their nominations got to the White House.”

I mean, Esper and Milley were probably right! More, via the Times:

"Mr. Esper and General Milley worried that if they even raised their names —
Gen. Jacqueline D. Van Ovost of the Air Force and Lt. Gen. Laura J. Richardson
of the Army — the Trump White House would replace them with their own candidates
before leaving office.

"So the Pentagon officials agreed on an unusual strategy: They held back their
recommendations until after the November elections, betting that if Joseph R.
Biden Jr. won, he and his aides would be more supportive of the Pentagon picks
than Mr. Trump, who had feuded with Mr. Esper and has a history of disparaging
women. They stuck to the plan even after Mr. Trump fired Mr. Esper six days
after the election.

Esper and Milley wanted Van Ovost to lead the Pentagon’s Transportation Command,
which as the Times put it, “oversees the military’s sprawling global
transportation network.” Richardson was tapped to lead the Southern Command,
which, again in the words of the Times, “oversees military activities in Latin
America.”

According to the Times, Biden’s Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Milley will
be sending their recommendations for Van Ovost’s and Richardson’s promotions to
the White House in the coming weeks, and “officials are expected to endorse the
nominations and formally submit them to the Senate for approval.”

*
Beijing Biden
2021-02-18 03:34:52 UTC
Congratulations to the Biden administration and to Air Force
General Jacqueline Van Ovost and Army Lieutenant General Laura Richardson, on
providing us with the latest example of how women, if given the opportunity, can
do whatever men do, including overseeing key aspects of our country’s war
machinery.
And this is what Democrats celebrate, that women can order the bombing of other
women and children just as well as the men can.

"War Machine," as if it's something to be celebrated. Unbelievable. Democrats
can't even see beyond their own stupidity. Biden is just itching to get us into
a war.

And to add insult to the men and women serving our country putting their lives
on the line for our freedom, a couple of bimbos that have never fired a gun or
flown a plane are now generals in the Army and Air Force, respectively.