Nurse who spoke at RNC arrested for shooting woman in the stomach
2020-10-11 16:35:44 UTC
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurse-spoke-rnc-arrested-shooting-124612077.html

Amy Ford claims she shot the woman in self-defense

Amy Ford, a West Virginia nurse who spoke at this year’s Republican National
Convention, was arrested on Saturday after shooting a woman in the stomach in
her hometown.

Ford, 39, who was identified as Amy Thorn in the court filing, was charged with
malicious or unlawful assault after shooting a woman in her abdomen in
Williamson, West Virginia. The victim has been identified by WSAZ -TV as Jonda
Whitt.

Ford also goes by Amy Johnson, the local news outlet reports.

While details of the incident remain unknown, Mingo County Police Chief Grady
Dotson stated that Ford claims she acted in self-defense, according to WCHS-TV.
Whitt is being treated at a local hospital and her injuries are not
life-threatening.

Ford posted bond and has been released from custody.

Ford first caught the public’s eye when she volunteered to treat COVID-19
patients at a New York City hospital in the early months of the coronavirus
crisis in the United States. WCHS-TV reported that the Mingo County mother of
three traveled there to work in overstretched hospitals when the state was the
epicenter of the outbreak.

With little cases in West Virginia at the time, Ford said treating COVID-19
patients in New York gave her a fuller understanding of how bad the pandemic was
getting, stating “once I was able to come [to New York] and see it for myself,
at this point in time, that’s the only way we’re going to slow it down so we can
get ahead of it.”

She was invited to speak at the 2020 RNC in August, where she spoke of her story
and praised President Donald Trump for his administration’s response to
COVID-19.

“President Trump recognized the threat this virus presented for all Americans
early on, and made rapid policy changes,” Ford, referring to the expansion of
telehealth services, said in her nearly three-minute speech. “As a health-care
professional I can tell you without hesitation: Donald Trump’s quick action and
leadership saved thousands of lives during COVID-19, and the benefits of that
response extend far beyond coronavirus.”

Ford’s comments about Trump’s response came weeks before the Washington Post
reported that an audiotape from interviews that veteran journalist Bob Woodward
conducted with Trump revealed that the president intentionally downplayed the
seriousness of the virus.

“I wanted to always play it down,” Trump told Woodward back in March.

“I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.”

The post Nurse who spoke at RNC arrested for shooting woman in the stomach
appeared first on TheGrio.

*
Jack Shit
2020-10-11 16:39:10 UTC
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurse-spoke-rnc-arrested-shooting-124612077.html
Amy Ford claims she shot the woman in self-defense
Amy Ford, a West Virginia nurse who spoke at this year? Republican National
Convention, was arrested on Saturday after shooting a woman in the stomach in
her hometown.
Ford, 39, who was identified as Amy Thorn in the court filing, was charged with
malicious or unlawful assault after shooting a woman in her abdomen in
Williamson, West Virginia. The victim has been identified by WSAZ -TV as Jonda
Whitt.
Ford also goes by Amy Johnson, the local news outlet reports.
While details of the incident remain unknown, Mingo County Police Chief Grady
Dotson stated that Ford claims she acted in self-defense, according to WCHS-TV.
Whitt is being treated at a local hospital and her injuries are not
life-threatening.
Ford posted bond and has been released from custody.
Ford first caught the public? eye when she volunteered to treat COVID-19
patients at a New York City hospital in the early months of the coronavirus
crisis in the United States. WCHS-TV reported that the Mingo County mother of
three traveled there to work in overstretched hospitals when the state was the
epicenter of the outbreak.
With little cases in West Virginia at the time, Ford said treating COVID-19
patients in New York gave her a fuller understanding of how bad the pandemic was
getting, stating ?nce I was able to come [to New York] and see it for myself,
at this point in time, that? the only way we?e going to slow it down so we can
get ahead of it.?
She was invited to speak at the 2020 RNC in August, where she spoke of her story
and praised President Donald Trump for his administration? response to
COVID-19.
?resident Trump recognized the threat this virus presented for all Americans
early on, and made rapid policy changes,?Ford, referring to the expansion of
telehealth services, said in her nearly three-minute speech. ?s a health-care
professional I can tell you without hesitation: Donald Trump? quick action and
leadership saved thousands of lives during COVID-19, and the benefits of that
response extend far beyond coronavirus.?
Ford? comments about Trump? response came weeks before the Washington Post
reported that an audiotape from interviews that veteran journalist Bob Woodward
conducted with Trump revealed that the president intentionally downplayed the
seriousness of the virus.
? wanted to always play it down,?Trump told Woodward back in March.
? still like playing it down, because I don? want to create a panic.?
The post Nurse who spoke at RNC arrested for shooting woman in the stomach
appeared first on TheGrio.
Is there supposed to be a point here?