Ashley Judd Is Suing Harvey Weinstein for Harming Her Career
2018-05-01 01:16:36 UTC
https://jezebel.com/ashley-judd-is-suing-harvey-weinstein-for-harming-her-c-1825669211

Ashley Judd has filed a lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein, saying he damaged her
career by spreading lies about her after she refused his advances. As she told
ABC:

“I lost career opportunity. I lost money. I lost status and prestige and power
in my career as a direct result of having been sexually harassed and rebuffing
the sexual harassment. My career opportunities, after having been defamed by
Harvey Weinstein, were significantly diminished...My career was damaged because
I rebuffed Mr. Weinstein’s sexual advances. I know it for a fact.”

The suit specifically points to an incident involving Peter Jackson’s Lord of
the Rings films, in which Judd was originally slated to have a major part.
Weinstein, however, “torpedoed Ms. Judd’s incredible professional opportunity,”
the complaint said, by falsely telling Jackson that Judd was a “nightmare” who
should be avoided “at all costs.”

Judd said that if she wins, she’ll donate all monetary damages to the Time’s Up
Legal Defense Fund.

more at
http://abcnews.go.com/US/ashley-judd-sues-harvey-weinstein-career-damaged-rebuffed/story?id=54836170

2018-05-01 19:34:20 UTC
[...]
I saw a story about this on TV and they showed some recent close-ups of
Judd's face, man is she fading faster than Gloria Swanson in Sunset
Boulevard.

Anyway after making what I consider one of the worst two or three movies
of all time (Bug), I really don't care about her movie career.
moviePig
2018-05-01 19:56:03 UTC
[...]
I don't often (i.e., ever) recommend BUG, either. But she didn't make
it, William Friedkin and Tracy Letts did -- and that's a
project-pedigree any actor would've killed (or died) for.
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
super70s
2018-05-02 14:02:31 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by super70s
Anyway after making what I consider one of the worst two or three movies
of all time (Bug), I really don't care about her movie career.
I don't often (i.e., ever) recommend BUG, either. But she didn't make
it, William Friedkin and Tracy Letts did -- and that's a
project-pedigree any actor would've killed (or died) for.
The concept of Bug had potential as I remember but they decided to go in
a pure gross out direction. The Exorcist is not scary just for the
shocking scenes alone.

Friedkin is out with some middling new documentary about a real life
exorcism (or at least an attempted one).
trotsky
2018-05-03 13:03:41 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by super70s
Anyway after making what I consider one of the worst two or three movies
of all time (Bug), I really don't care about her movie career.
I don't often (i.e., ever) recommend BUG, either. But she didn't make
it, William Friedkin and Tracy Letts did -- and that's a
project-pedigree any actor would've killed (or died) for.
The concept of Bug had potential as I remember but they decided to go in
a pure gross out direction. The Exorcist is not scary just for the
shocking scenes alone.
Psychological horror is a very slippery slope. It's hard to depict it
without making it a turn off, and although I don't think "Bug" was bad
it certainly was hard to watch at times.
moviePig
2018-05-03 13:16:32 UTC
Anyway after making what I consider one of the worst two or three movies
of all time (Bug), I really don't care about her movie career.
I don't often (i.e., ever) recommend BUG, either.  But she didn't make
it, William Friedkin and Tracy Letts did -- and that's a
project-pedigree any actor would've killed (or died) for.
The concept of Bug had potential as I remember but they decided to go in
a pure gross out direction. The Exorcist is not scary just for the
shocking scenes alone.
Psychological horror is a very slippery slope.  It's hard to depict it
without making it a turn off, and although I don't think "Bug" was bad
it certainly was hard to watch at times.
And never in a fun way. To be scared, you have to join the psychosis...
--
YOUR taste at work...