Trump on Taylor Swift: 'I like Taylor's music about 25% less now'
2018-10-08 22:54:36 UTC
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/08/politics/trump-responds-to-taylor-swift/index.html

Washington (CNN) — If he ever enjoyed Taylor Swift's music, President Donald
Trump now likes the pop star's tracks "about 25% less."

Trump struck out at Swift a day after the singer and longtime Nashville resident
endorsed Democratic candidate Phil Bredesen, a former governor, over Republican
Rep. Marsha Blackburn in Tennessee's Senate race.

"What'd she say?" Trump said with a smile when he was asked about Swift's
comments on Tennessee politics, walking back toward reporters on the White
House's South Lawn after hearing the pop star's name shouted at him.

After being told Swift announced her opposition to Blackburn and endorsed
Bredesen, Trump offered quick praise for Blackburn, who he said "is doing a very
good job in Tennessee."

And then he served Swift with a diss.

"I'm sure Taylor Swift has nothing -- or doesn't know anything about her
(Blackurn)," Trump said.

And then he added, with a laugh: "Let's say that I like Taylor's music about 25%
less now, OK?"

Swift endorsed both Bredesen and Rep. Jim Cooper, a Democrat who is running for
re-election to the House, in an Instagram post on Sunday, breaking from her
longstanding reluctance to weigh in on politics.

"In the past I've been reluctant to publicly voice my political opinions, but
due to several events in my life and in the world in the past two years, I feel
very differently about that now," she wrote in the post.

Her post focused on her opposition to Blackburn, whose voting record Swift said
"appalls and terrifies me."

"She voted against equal pay for women. She voted against the Reauthorization of
the Violence Against Women Act, which attempts to protect women from domestic
violence, stalking, and date rape. She believes businesses have a right to
refuse service to gay couples. She also believes they should not have the right
to marry. These are not MY Tennessee values. I will be voting for Phil Bredesen
for Senate and Jim Cooper for House of Representatives," Swift wrote.

2018-10-08 23:34:53 UTC
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/08/politics/trump-responds-to-taylor-swift/
index.html
Washington (CNN) - If he ever enjoyed Taylor Swift's music, President Donald
Trump now likes the pop star's tracks "about 25% less."
Trump struck out at Swift a day after the singer and longtime Nashville
resident endorsed Democratic candidate Phil Bredesen, a former governor,
over Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn in Tennessee's Senate race.
"What'd she say?" Trump said with a smile when he was asked about Swift's
comments on Tennessee politics, walking back toward reporters on the White
House's South Lawn after hearing the pop star's name shouted at him.
After being told Swift announced her opposition to Blackburn and endorsed
Bredesen, Trump offered quick praise for Blackburn, who he said "is doing a
very good job in Tennessee."
As throughout her entire career in state and national politics she
continues to shill for the well to do "bedroom county" south of
Nashville and could care less about other citizens of Tennessee so of
course Trump thinks she's doing a very good job.