Roseanne Barr Apologizes to George Soros for Calling Him a Nazi
2018-06-12 15:07:34 UTC
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/roseanne-barr-apologizes-to-george-soros-for-calling-him-a-nazi/ar-AAyvUhU?li=BBnbfcL

Roseanne Barr has issued yet another apology, this one for George Soros — the
man whom she shared a racist and antisemitic conspiracy theory about last month,
just hours before her sitcom "Roseanne" was canceled by ABC.

"I apologize sincerely to @georgesoros," Barr wrote in a tweet Monday. "His
family was persecuted by The Nazis & survived The Holocaust only because of the
strength & resourcefulness of his father."

The actress then shared an article from OpenSocietyFoundations.org, where she
said her follows could "learn more of the truth" about Soros.

The Disney-owned broadcaster decided to cancel Barr's comedy (the No. 1 show on
television) on May 29, following a comment she made on Twitter about Valerie
Jarrett, a former adviser to Barack Obama, earlier that morning. Around the same
time, Barr started an argument with Chelsea Clinton in which the actress
repeated a racist and antisemitic conspiracy theory about Soros.

"Sorry to have tweeted incorrect info about you!I [sic]," Barr wrote. "Please
forgive me! By the way, George Soros is a nazi who turned in his fellow Jews 2
be murdered in German concentration camps & stole their wealth-were you aware of
that? But, we all make mistakes, right Chelsea?"

Disney CEO Robert Iger tweeted that the decision to cancel Barr's show was "the
only thing to do here," and "the right thing."

"Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our
values, and we have decided to cancel her show," ABC entertainment president
Channing Dungey said in a statement to TheWrap.

*
Alan Smithee
2018-06-13 08:12:21 UTC
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/roseanne-barr-apologizes-to-george-soros-for-calling-him-a-nazi/ar-AAyvUhU?li=BBnbfcL
Roseanne Barr has issued yet another apology, ...
She should put that on a macro key - hit a button and print!