Felicity Huffman sentenced to 14 days bustin' rocks on the hard-rock pile
2019-09-13 20:48:05 UTC
Felicity Huffman sentenced to prison

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/felicity-huffman-sentencing-college-scandal/index.html

Felicity Huffman left court holding hands with her husband, actor William H.
Macy, after her sentencing.

She did not make any remarks.

Huffman must report to prison on Oct. 25 to serve her sentence. During today's
court proceedings, Huffman also received a $30,000 fine, 250 hours of community
service and one year supervised release.

Actress Felicity Huffman, who was sentenced to 14 days in prison today, said she
accepts the "court's decision today without reservation" in a statement released
to the media.

"I broke the law. I have admitted that and I pleaded guilty to this crime. There
are no excuses or justifications for my actions. Period," Huffman said in the
statement. "I would like to apologize again to my daughter, my husband, my
family and the educational community for my actions. And I especially want to
apologize to the students who work hard every day to get into college, and to
their parents who make tremendous sacrifices supporting their children."

Huffman also received a $30,000 fine, 250 hours of community service and one
year supervised release, according to federal court Judge Indira Talwani.

"I can promise you that in the months and years to come that I will try and live
a more honest life, serve as a better role model for my daughters and family and
continue to contribute my time and energies wherever I am needed," Huffman said.
"My hope now is that my family, my friends and my community will forgive me for
my actions."

*
Alan Smithee
2019-09-13 22:25:31 UTC