Adriana Lima Says She Will No Longer Take Off Her Clothes for an 'Empty Cause'
2017-12-11 18:05:13 UTC
https://jezebel.com/adriana-lima-says-she-will-no-longer-take-off-her-cloth-1821180558

Supermodel Adriana Lima, the most senior wing-wearer of all the Victoria’s
Secret Angels, has revealed via Instagram that she will no longer participate in
“sexy” videos or photoshoots that do not have empowering messages at their core.

In a caption, Lima wrote that she was recently asked to do a “sexy” video
shoot—a job at which she typically wouldn’t bat an eye—but that something had
suddenly “changed” in her. She went on:

"When a friend approached me to share that she was unhappy with her body, then
it made me think.... that everyday in my life, I wake up thinking, how do I
look? Was I going to be accepted in my job? And in that moment I realized that
majority of woman probably wake up every morning trying to fit in a stereotype
that society/socialmedia/fashion etc imposed.... i thought that’s not a way of
living and beyond that.... that’s not physically and mentally healthy, so I
decided to make that change..... I will not take of my clothes anymore for a
empty cause.....��✨

Per her Instagram post, Lima wants to “fucking change the world.”

*
Alan Smithee
Do people actually think like this?
Miloch
2017-12-11 22:21:44 UTC
Post by Alan Smithee
[...]
She Will No Longer Take Off Her Clothes for an 'Empty Cause' but she'd be happy
to stand there stark naked if the price is right.

*
Lesmond
2017-12-12 15:51:59 UTC