Oklahoma black teen gets life without parole for killing, rape of 81-year-old woman
Black Lies Matter...
2019-07-17 05:38:46 UTC
An Oklahoma teenager has been sentenced to life in prison
without the chance of parole for fatally shooting a teacher,
plus 290 years for raping an 81-year-old woman and other crimes.

Tulsa County District Judge Kelly Greenough sentenced Deonte
Green, 18, on Wednesday. Green entered guilty pleas in March to
first-degree murder, 18 other felonies and one misdemeanor.

Prosecutors said Green was 16 on October 1, 2017 when, over the
course of one day, he fatally shot Broken Arrow Public Schools
teacher Shane Anderson at his home, raped the woman and
committed a series of armed robberies. But his contact with
police stretches back to when he was just 11.

"This is not a single bad day," Assistant District Attorney
Kevin Gray said. "Deonte Green has worked up to this for years.
For somebody that age to have this kind of criminal history is
staggering."

Green's attorney read a letter in court in which the teen stated
he was "not a monster," instead describing himself as a
"misunderstood boy."

In her sentencing, Greenough found the teen "irreparably corrupt
and permanently incorrigible," which is a standard for imposing
life without parole on a defendant who was a juvenile when the
crime took place.

"I'm grateful the judge's sentence reflected (Green's)
character, his crimes, his inability to live within the
boundaries of society," Darcie Anderson, Anderson's widow, said
after the decision. "But in the end, nothing's going to bring my
husband back. So while I'm glad that justice was served in his
case, I would trade anything to have my husband back."

As part of his plea, Green acknowledged stealing a vehicle from
an elderly couple on Sept. 30, 2017, then robbing a second
elderly man and woman the subsequent day. He forced the couple
to drive him to an ATM to withdraw money and eventually robbed
another ATM customer who tried to help with the transaction.

He admitted to later raping the elderly woman at her home. Green
went from that home to the Andersons' home. He held Darcie
Anderson at gunpoint in the garage, demanding money, before
killing her husband in their living room, according to her
victim impact statement.

Green's stepfather, Mario Brown, said the sentence was too
severe.

"Deonte is a nice kid. They make him out to be a monster," Brown
said.

But Gray, the prosecutor, said Green's conduct just got worse
and worse, and that he showed no genuine remorse.

"In a rare situation like this particular situation, justice, I
believe, demanded that he stay off the streets forever," he said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/oklahoma-teen-life-parole-
killing-rape-64268701?cid=referral_taboola_feed
BeamMeUpScotty
2019-07-17 17:06:37 UTC
Post by Black Lies Matter...
[...]
He took a life so now he owes a life....

He should be donating his organs for transplant, and allow others to
benefit.
--
That's Karma