I'm A Celebrity: Caitlyn Jenner reveals she first wanted to transition THIRTY years ago...
2019-11-19 00:09:08 UTC
...as she fields questions from curious campmates about the Kardashians

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/celebrity/article-7699653/Im-Celebrity-Caitlyn-Jenner-reveals-wanted-transition-THIRTY-years-ago.html

With just two episodes of the new series of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of
Here! having aired, she's already emerged as a favourite among viewers.

And Caitlyn Jenner, 70, was seen digging deep into her personal life on Monday
night's instalment, when she opened up about her transition, revealing that she
initially wanted to go through the process more than 30 years ago.

However, while her candid confessions grabbed her campmates' attention, she also
fielded questions about her daughters Kendall and Kylie Jenner, as well as their
older half-sisters Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian.

The discussion kicked off when Kate Garraway slipped back into journalist mode
as she quizzed Caitlyn about whether she'd had any doubts about long-running
reality show Keeping Up With The Kardashians when it first started airing.

After Caitlyn responded that she'd never been doubtful, James Haskell revealed:
'I used to have a massive crush on Kendall.'

Andrew Maxwell drew a chuckle from Caitlyn when he added 'I think most men on
the planet have fancied one of your daughters at some point.'

Visibly enthralled by the topic of conversation, Jacqueline Jossa asked Caitlyn
if her kids knew if she was doing I’m A Celebrity. 'Yeah, they all know,'
replied Caitlyn.

Changing the subject, Caitlyn soon switched the conversation to her transition,
which she revealed she wanted to go through more than 30 years ago.

She confessed: 'I thought I was gonna transition before I was 40, I didn’t want
to be an old chick but this is the latter '80s and I never felt like I fitted in
anywhere, I was trying to figure myself out, running around town.'

'Running around town, what do you mean?' Andrew asked, prompting Caitlyn to
confirm: 'Cross dressing running around.'

Looking stunned by the answer, Andrew pressed: 'So you’d cross dress in your car
and drive around town?'

'Yeah, at the time,' Caitlyn said casually. 'I had a turbo Porsche and it was
like the day before Halloween and this car pulled up beside me and it’s my next
door neighbour, I said I was going to a Halloween party.'

Gripped by the confession, James noted: 'It’s interesting about wanting to
express yourself and how hard it is in life wanting to express yourself, but
having a thing where you can’t let it and that you have to drive around town.

'I think the biggest thing about your thing is all those people thinking about
not being able to do it is the fact they should feel comfortable to do it
however hard it is because 99 per cent of the time it’ll work out alright.'

'All my life I struggled with all of those,' Caitlyn openly admitted in
response.

She later spoke about how her transition had affected driving experiences,
saying: 'Then I got my first DWF, "driving whilst female". I was driving my car
and some guy in a pick up truck beeps his horn and you look over and he’s like
blowing kisses.'

James asked Caitlyn if she had a music track she played while driving around
town, to which she laughed and said: 'Yes, Aerosmith’s Looks like A Lady,'
prompting Caitlyn and all of her Snake Rock campmates to sing the '80s rock hit.

Talking in the Bush Telegraph, Ian Wright later said: 'Caitlyn talking about
herself is just so interesting, I’m fascinated.'

Caitlyn was married to her wife of 24 years Kris Jenner at the time news first
broke of her plans to transition. She has two biological children - Kendall and
Kylie - with Kris.

The former sports star, who has other children from previous relationships, is
also the former stepfather of Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, and Robert Kardashian.

*
M. L.
2019-11-19 07:34:58 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/celebrity/article-7699653/Im-Celebrity-Caitlyn-Jenner-reveals-wanted-transition-THIRTY-years-ago.html
And Caitlyn Jenner, 70, was seen digging deep into her personal life on Monday
night's instalment, when she opened up about her transition, revealing that she
initially wanted to go through the process more than 30 years ago.
Rumors of Bruce Jenner's transitioning have been going on since his
first feminine-looking plastic surgery results.