George and Amal Clooney’s £12m mansion left underwater due to flooding
2020-02-21 18:21:56 UTC
https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/21/george-amal-clooneys-12m-mansion-left-underwater-due-flooding-12277917/

George and Amal Clooney’s £12 million Berkshire mansion has been surrounded by
floodwater. Aerial photos showed the grounds of the Hollywood star’s
17th-century home engulfed in murky water after the river Thames – which runs
alongside the house – spilled its banks.

George’s tennis court, summer veranda and much of his lawn was left underwater,
with the tops of the trees just about visible above the flooding. The couple’s
secluded pad is on Sonning – an island in the river – and was previously hit by
flooding in 2016. The area has been overwhelmed by flooding after a series of
successive storms. The Up In The Air actor and human rights lawyer moved into
their Grade II-listed digs with their two-year-old twins, Alexander and Ella, in
2016.

The Clooneys bought the property, which was put on the market for £7.5 million,
in September 2014, and renovated it for 18 months.

The couple added a glasshouse, a 60ft pool, hot tub, terrace, a gym and a
12-seat cinema to the house. Earlier this month, the couple reportedly applied
for planning permission for a shed to beef up security against tourists looking
to catch a glimpse of the famous pair. George and Amal snapped up the home
several weeks after their lavish three-day wedding in Venice.

Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Cindy Crawford were among the famous
faces at the ceremony, which took place at a seven-star hotel. Speaking ahead of
their fifth wedding anniversary last year, George gushed about his ‘incredible’
wife. ‘And they said it wouldn’t last!’ he joked to MailOnline. ‘I can’t imagine
being more in love with her than I am, and I can’t imagine somebody I’m more
proud of.’

‘It was just something I said years ago. I’d been married once before [to
actress Talia Balsam, from 1989 to 1993] and I probably wasn’t very good at it
then.’ The now proud father-of-two added: ‘But then this incredible woman
walked into my life.’

*
Balls
2020-02-21 23:41:27 UTC
George and Amal Clooney’s £12 million Berkshire mansion has been surrounded by
floodwater.
Please tell me they were trapped in the basement.