nonascii junked
2020-11-12 19:20:44 UTC
https://www.thewrap.com/trump-fox-news-competitor/

A new report from Axios says the president is going to begin attacking Fox News
in his effort to undermine and defeat it

https://www.axios.com/trump-fox-news-digital-media-competitor-25afddee-144d-4820-8ed4-9eb0ffa42420.html

President Donald Trump wants to launch a conservative media empire to “wreck
Fox” News and steal its audience, according to a Thursday report from Axios.

An unnamed individual “with knowledge of Trump’s intentions” told Axios that he
plans to launch a subscription-based digital streaming channel and use his
database of contact information of millions of MAGA supporters to launch. “He
plans to wreck Fox. No doubt about it,” the individual said, adding that Trump
may also use upcoming post-election rallies to slam Fox News to drum up interest
in his new media venture.

Starting a digital platform would be considerably cheaper and faster than
attempting to create a new cable news outlet from scratch, Axios noted. So
Trump’s planned digital streamer wouldn’t be competition for Fox News so much as
it would be for Fox Nation, the network’s own online subscription service. Fox
Nation is almost 2 years old and boasts a high conversion rate from free trials
to paid subscriptions.

The report comes as Trump and many of his supporters have stepped up criticism
of Fox News for its coverage of the election and its aftermath. “Fox has changed
a lot,” Trump said in an Election Day interview with “Fox & Friends,”
reiterating complaints that he has articulated all year.

The White House did not immediately respond to requests for comment; a Fox News
rep had no comment.

Fox Nation’s hosts tend to be some of Fox News’ brightest stars, too, from Dana
Perino to Brian Kilmeade. Trump himself has been complimentary to various Fox
News personalities as recently as this week. On Tuesday, he promoted Sean
Hannity’s ratings-dominating primetime show.

If the outgoing president wants to compete with Fox News, ratings will be
something to consider, too. The network is a ratings juggernaut. According to
Nielsen Media Research data, Fox News has held the highest-rated primetime hours
in all of television since Memorial Day. Fox News’ primetime hours have averaged
3.930 million total viewers since May 25. Broadcast channel NBC is close behind
with 3.929 million, on average.

When asked during a recent call with investors about new competitors popping up
in the market after the election, Fox Corporation CEO Lachlan Murdoch said, “We
love competition. We have always thrived with competition and we have strong
competition now. I would say the only difference today versus some years ago, as
our audience has grown and our reach has grown, we see our competition as no
longer only cable news providers, but also as the traditional broadcast networks
and, as you know, Fox News has been the number one network, including broadcast
networks now, as I mentioned, through from Labor Day through to Election Day.”

*
KAG
2020-11-12 19:27:34 UTC
President Donald Trump wants to launch a conservative media empire to “wreck
Fox” News and steal its audience, according to a Thursday report from Axios.
In four years he'll have more influence as Shadow President than whoever is the
actual president. And the butthurt left will still be crying in their kombucha.
Siri Cruise
2020-11-12 19:47:03 UTC
A new report from Axios says the president is going to begin attacking Fox News
in his effort to undermine and defeat it
Gosh, that's........terrible? Yes, yes, this is terrible news.
2020-11-13 14:39:16 UTC
The psycho thinks Fox cost him the election on election night by calling
Arizona for Biden early.
d***@cox.net
2020-11-13 22:49:25 UTC
The psycho thinks Fox cost him the election on election night by calling
Arizona for Biden early.
He sure spends a lot of time in personal appearance by telephone with them.
the dukester, American-American