Bye! South Carolina Threatens to Secede (Again) Over Guns
2018-04-07 17:43:50 UTC
https://www.theroot.com/bye-south-carolina-threatens-to-secede-again-over-gu-1825070334

The first time South Carolina left the union, it was because the scions of that
state wanted the brutal practice of chattel slavery to continue, sparking the
U.S. Civil War. This time, a group of House Republicans is proposing the very
same action over so-called gun rights. To which I say, “See ya!”

On Thursday, Reps. Mike Pitts, Jonathon Hill, and Ashley Trathman introduced
legislation that would allow the state to consider secession should the federal
government violate the Second Amendment.

It states “the general assembly shall convene to consider whether to secede from
the United States based on the federal government’s unconstitutional violation
of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution if the federal
government confiscates legally purchased firearms,” according to the NY Daily
News.

Although Rep. Pitts acknowledged the bill has no chance at passage, he said he
wrote it to highlight the desperate need for guns.

“I see a lot of stuff where people even talk about totally repealing the Second
Amendment, which separates us from the entire rest of the world,” Pitts said.

Good point, Pitts. We are separated from the rest of the world—in violent gun
deaths.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/south-carolina-republicans-secession-gun-rights-article-1.3919115

*
Rudy Canoza
2018-04-07 23:10:00 UTC
https://www.theroot.com/bye-south-carolina-threatens-to-secede-again-over-gu-1825070334
The first time South Carolina left the union, it was because the scions of that
state wanted the brutal practice of chattel slavery to continue, sparking the
U.S. Civil War. This time, a group of House Republicans is proposing the very
same action over so-called gun rights. To which I say, “See ya!”
On Thursday, Reps. Mike Pitts, Jonathon Hill, and Ashley Trathman introduced
legislation that would allow the state to consider secession should the federal
government violate the Second Amendment.
The government can't violate the amendment. It can violate the right
*secured* by the amendment. The amendment secures the right; it does
not define or create it. This is an important distinction. We sloppily
talk about laws violating amendments, only because it's a convenient
shorthand. What we're concerned with is laws violating *rights*,
including rights that we indubitably have that are not enumerated in
amendments.
Rudy Canoza
amendments.
super70s
2018-04-08 11:26:35 UTC
Four words: door --> butt --> way out.
Miloch
2018-04-08 14:28:34 UTC
In article <super70s-***@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...
On Thursday, Reps. Mike Pitts, Jonathon Hill, and Ashley Trathman
introduced legislation that would allow the state to consider secession
should the federal government violate the Second Amendment.
Four words: door --> butt --> way out.
South Carolina...home of retiring Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) who's slowing flaming
out.

*
Rudy Canoza
amendments.
Rudy Canoza
amendments.
Skeeter
We can do whatever we want.
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-04-08 17:51:08 UTC
https://www.theroot.com/bye-south-carolina-threatens-to-secede-again-over-gu-1825070334
The first time South Carolina left the union, it was because the scions of that
state wanted the brutal practice of chattel slavery to continue,
As I recall the South wanted States CHOICE.... you know, like a woman's
CHOICE for abortion. How different is it really, they both end the
freedom of a human life. One you sell the body parts after you kill
them the other before they die as chattel. It all looks like a *CHOICE*
from where I'm standing.

The Constitution is actually a contract, if the Federal Government or
Supreme Court violates that contract, it's NULL and VOID according to
all our laws and to international laws.

Then NC could get the U.N. to come in as an international peace keeper.
With the international situation being what it is the South could win
this time. North Korea might sell the SOUTH a Nuclear weapon in the
black market. Then the Liberal Blue Bloods in the North would let the
South do what ever it wants, just as they let Kim Jung Un and the
Iranian Ayatollahs do.

It's a brave new world for any States that want to secede from a union
that refuses to live up to it's contracts. Maybe the Supreme court
will think about that....
--
That's Karma

Failure is NOT incompetence, incompetence is NOT knowing that you've failed.
Governor Swill
2018-04-13 05:03:11 UTC
On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 13:51:08 -0400, #BeamMeUpScotty
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
As I recall the South wanted States CHOICE.... you know, like a woman's
CHOICE for abortion. How different is it really, they both end the
freedom of a human life. One you sell the body parts after you kill
them the other before they die as chattel. It all looks like a *CHOICE*
from where I'm standing.
States' rights stops when the feds start writing checks.

Swill
All that this country desires is to see the neighboring
countries stable, orderly, and prosperous. Any country whose
people conduct themselves well can count upon our hearty
friendship. If a nation shows that it knows how to act with
reasonable efficiency and decency in social and political
matters, if it keeps order and pays its obligations, it
need fear no interference from the United States. Chronic
wrongdoing, or an impotence which results in a general
loosening of the ties of civilized society, may in America,
as elsewhere, ultimately require intervention by some
civilized nation, and in the Western Hemisphere the
adherence of the United States to the Monroe Doctrine may
force the United States, however reluctantly, in flagrant
cases of such wrongdoing or impotence, to the exercise of
an international police power. - The Roosevelt Corollary
Miloch
2018-04-13 05:22:13 UTC
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
As I recall the South wanted States CHOICE.... you know, like a woman's
CHOICE for abortion. How different is it really, they both end the
freedom of a human life. One you sell the body parts after you kill
them the other before they die as chattel. It all looks like a *CHOICE*
from where I'm standing.
States' rights stops when the feds start writing checks.
And don't forget...we need a 'fed' in order to form a more perfect union,
establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense,
promote the general welfare, and impeach the clown currently occupying 1600
Pennsylvania Ave.

*
Governor Swill
2018-04-16 01:27:10 UTC
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
As I recall the South wanted States CHOICE.... you know, like a woman's
CHOICE for abortion. How different is it really, they both end the
freedom of a human life. One you sell the body parts after you kill
them the other before they die as chattel. It all looks like a *CHOICE*
from where I'm standing.
States' rights stops when the feds start writing checks.
And don't forget...we need a 'fed' in order to form a more perfect union,
establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense,
promote the general welfare, and impeach the clown currently occupying 1600
Pennsylvania Ave.
Impeaching Trump would be bad idea.

Miloch
2018-04-16 01:51:06 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
As I recall the South wanted States CHOICE.... you know, like a woman's
CHOICE for abortion. How different is it really, they both end the
freedom of a human life. One you sell the body parts after you kill
them the other before they die as chattel. It all looks like a *CHOICE*
from where I'm standing.
States' rights stops when the feds start writing checks.
And don't forget...we need a 'fed' in order to form a more perfect union,
establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense,
promote the general welfare, and impeach the clown currently occupying 1600
Pennsylvania Ave.
Impeaching Trump would be bad idea.
Swill
Letting the slime-ball grifter remain in office would be a worse idea,
TrumpBoy!! When the Dems take control of Congress in 2018, they'll allow him to
resign in disgrace. That's the best he can hope for.

go Warriors
*
Robert Gowan
2018-04-16 01:58:14 UTC
On 4/8/2018 10:51 AM, #ReamMeUpTheAssScotty, brain-damaged fucktard who
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
https://www.theroot.com/bye-south-carolina-threatens-to-secede-again-over-gu-1825070334
The first time South Carolina left the union, it was because the scions of that
state wanted the brutal practice of chattel slavery to continue,
As I recall
The Constitution is not a contract, fucktard.

super70s
2018-04-09 03:05:25 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Rudy Canoza
The government can't violate the amendment. It can violate the right
*secured* by the amendment. The amendment secures the right; it does
not define or create it. This is an important distinction. We sloppily
talk about laws violating amendments, only because it's a convenient
shorthand. What we're concerned with is laws violating *rights*,
including rights that we indubitably have that are not enumerated in
amendments.
We can do whatever we want.
Not yet but under Trumpenfuhrer who knows.

BTW Apple told the government to take a hike when they wanted them to
develop software to invade iPhone users' privacy and the government
backed off.
None of the Above
2018-04-09 10:04:26 UTC
On Sun, 08 Apr 2018 22:05:25 -0500, super70s
Post by super70s
Post by Skeeter
Post by Rudy Canoza
The government can't violate the amendment. It can violate the right
*secured* by the amendment. The amendment secures the right; it does
not define or create it. This is an important distinction. We sloppily
talk about laws violating amendments, only because it's a convenient
shorthand. What we're concerned with is laws violating *rights*,
including rights that we indubitably have that are not enumerated in
amendments.
We can do whatever we want.
Not yet but under Trumpenfuhrer who knows.
Mr. Godwin on line 2...
backed off.
super70s
2018-04-09 11:32:21 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by Skeeter
Post by Rudy Canoza
The government can't violate the amendment. It can violate the right
*secured* by the amendment. The amendment secures the right; it does
not define or create it. This is an important distinction. We sloppily
talk about laws violating amendments, only because it's a convenient
shorthand. What we're concerned with is laws violating *rights*,
including rights that we indubitably have that are not enumerated in
amendments.
We can do whatever we want.
Not yet but under Trumpenfuhrer who knows.
Mr. Godwin on line 2...
Yeah some horseshit "law" that was concocted to defend against someone
pointing out the obvious connection between the Republican right and
their spiritual godfathers.
Rudy Canoza
No, the USA may not do just whatever it wants.
Rudy Canoza
amendments.
Rudy Canoza
amendments.