Despite What Lying, Vulgar Racist Ape Trump Says, Samantha Bee's vulgarity isn't equivalent to Roseanne Barr's racism
Leroy Soetoro
2018-06-01 21:46:32 UTC
No, Samantha Bee's vulgarity isn't equivalent to Roseanne Barr's
racism

Conservatives are on the warpath for Samantha Bee’s head after the
comedian called Ivanka Trump a “feckless …” on her cable TV show
"Full Frontal” last night, using a vulgar reference to the female
anatomy that my editors won’t let me repeat here. Bee’s slur, for
which she apologized Thursday, was prompted by Trump’s ostensive
refusal to stand up to her father’s heartless immigration policies.
We all know what the missing word in Bee’s invective means. It’s
obviously crass. Coming from the mouth of a man, it would clearly be
considered sexist. A woman calling another woman the same term isn’t
great. It coarsens the culture and gives men cover to use a term we
shouldn’t.
Just so we’re all clear on that first word though, take a look at the
dictionary definition above. As you can clearly see, “feckless” does
not mean “white devil.” It is not an animal of any kind. It is not a
pejorative way to attack someone’s religion. It means a person
lacking strength of character.
This is a fair critique.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/la-ol-enter-the-fray-dear-
conservatives-having-a-potty-mouth-1527790128-htmlstory.html
Rudy Canoza
2018-06-01 21:48:51 UTC
Post by Leroy Soetoro
No, Samantha Bee's vulgarity isn't equivalent to Roseanne Barr's
racism
Of course it isn't. Barr's racist comment insulted tens of millions of
Americans. Bee's insulted just one person, who had it coming.