Donald Trump reopens feud with Fox News by complaining twice in one day that 'it's not even watchable'...
2020-07-30 15:50:54 UTC
...then griping at its report on his retreat from Portland

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8576365/Donald-Trump-reopens-feud-Fox-News.html

*President Donald Trump complained Fox News is 'not even watchable'

*Trump has run hot-and-cold on Fox News during this election year

*'It is AMAZING in watching @FoxNews how different they are from four years
ago,' Trump tweeted. 'Not even watchable'

*His grumblings follow last week's disastrous interview with Fox News host Chris
Wallace as he criticized network's coverage of Portland demonstrations

President Donald Trump has reopened his feud with Fox News, complaining that the
news network he once favored is 'not even watchable.'

The president specifically complained about the network's coverage of the
situation in Portland but tweeted it was 'to complicated to discuss in a tweet.'

His grumblings follow last week's disastrous interview with Fox News host Chris
Wallace where Wallace repeatedly fact checked Trump on the president's claims
Joe Biden wants to defund the police (Biden does not) and on the president's
assertion only he could pass a cognitive test.

The president's latest round of complaints started on Wednesday, during his two
and half hour flight to Texas while Fox News played on the TV screens on Air
Force One.

'I was on Air Force One flying to the Great State of Texas, where I just landed.
It is AMAZING in watching @FoxNews how different they are from four years ago,'
Trump tweeted. 'Not even watchable. They totally forgot who got them where they
are!'

The president has gone hot and cold on Fox News during the 2020 campaign. He's
also been praising One America News Network, a small, conservative cable news
network that gives favorable coverage to his administration.

Many of Fox News' bevy of conservative commentators are usually elusive in their
praise for Trump but some have distanced themselves on issues like taking
hydroxychloroquine to help combat the coronavirus and the demonstrations that
have sprung up around the nation for the Black Lives Matters movement.

Trump's tweet about Fox News being unwatchable came shortly after the network
aired a report that polls showed Hispanic support for the president was down.

Earlier this month, Trump lamented the loss of Roger Ailes - the late, disgraced
Fox News CEO who died in 2017 after leaving the network amid a flurry of sexual
harassment claims.

In a documentary on Ailes' life, Trump credited him with helping him become
president.

'I'm not sure that I ever would have been standing at this very powerful,
important, even sacred spot: the Rose Garden in front of the Oval Office at the
White House if it wasn't for Roger,' he said.

In May, Trump complained Fox News was not doing enough to help elect Republicans
in November.

'Many will disagree, but @FoxNews is doing nothing to help Republicans, and me,
get re-elected on November 3rd,' Trump wrote on Twitter.

That May complaint came after several Fox News hosts questioned Trump's touting
of hydroxychloroquine in the fight against the coronavirus.

He also criticized Fox News' coverage of the Portland demonstrations, pivoting
late Wednesday to that topic.

'***@FoxNews reported incorrectly what the Federal Government is doing with
respect to Portland. We are demanding that the Governor & Mayor do their job or
we will do it for them. To complicated to discuss in a Tweet, but bad reporting
by Fox (possibly on purpose!),' he wrote.

It's unclear what Trump was upset about. Fox News - like many other news
organizations - reported on Wednesday afternoon that the Department of Homeland
Security (DHS) would begin a phased withdrawal of federal officers on Thursday
after almost a month of nightly violent clashes outside the city's courthouse.

Trump, meanwhile, threatened to deploy the National Guard to quell Portland
protests in an apparent attempt to save face hours after he backed down and
agreed to remove federal troops from the city.

The president praised the officers' efforts before warning that he will take
even stronger action if the unrest continues after they leave.

'If they don't solve that problem locally very soon, we're going to send in the
National Guard and get it solved very quickly, just like we did in Minneapolis
and just like we will do in other places,' he said during a speech in Midland,
Texas.

'They want to solve their problem, they've got a very short time to do it, but
they'll either solve their problem or we send in the National Guard.'

Trump expressed similar sentiments about the situation in Portland in a pair of
tweets ahead of the speech, writing: 'If the Federal Government and its
brilliant Law Enforcement (Homeland) didn't go into Portland one week ago, there
would be no Portland - it would be burned and beaten to the ground,' he wrote.

'If the Mayor and Governor do not stop the Crime and Violence from the
Anarchists and Agitators immediately, the Federal Government will go in and do
the job that local law enforcement was supposed to do!'

The tweets came just after Oregon Gov. Kate Brown confirmed that the federal
government had agreed to remove agents from Portland if officials secure the
city and its Mark O Hatfield federal courthouse, where the height of the
violence has occurred.

more at
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8576365/Donald-Trump-reopens-feud-Fox-News.html

2020-07-31 13:40:29 UTC
[...]
Didn't Hitler toward the end kick generals out of The Bunker who
brought him bad news?