The (NEW) Boy Scouts of America may file for bankruptcy because of homosexual abuse suits
Add Reply
USA NAMBLA Democrats
2019-11-17 00:25:32 UTC
The Boy Scouts of America could be bound for bankruptcy.

Facing mounting legal costs from defending itself against
lawsuits alleging sexual abuse of boys, the venerable nonprofit
organization is considering filing for Chapter 11 protection,
The Wall Street Journal is reporting.

The BSA has reportedly hired the Sidley Austin LLP law firm and
released a statement on Wednesday saying that it was “working
with experts to explore all options available to ensure that the
local and national programming of the Boy Scouts of America
continues uninterrupted.”

Chief scout executive Michael Surbaugh also acknowledged in the
statement that the BSA was grappling with legal costs from the
lawsuits.

“We have a social and moral responsibility to fairly compensate
victims who suffered abuse during their time in Scouting, and we
also have an obligation to carry out our mission to serve youth,
families and local communities through our programs,” Surbaugh
said in the statement.

Surbaugh also apologized “to anyone who was harmed during their
time” in scouting but also stressed that “at no time in our
history have we knowingly allowed a sexual predator to work with
youth, and we always seek to act swiftly when alerted to abuse
allegations.”

Founded in 1910 and long considered a bastion of traditional
values, the BSA reported in its 2016 annual report that it has
more than 1.26 million Cub Scouts, nearly 830,000 Boy Scouts,
and some 960,000 adult volunteers.

But the BSA has courted controversy by lifting its ban on openly
gay members in 2014 and allowed openly gay adults to be scout
leaders a year later. Then in 2017, the group allowed
transgender boys in the ranks for the first time.

That same year, the BSA announced it would allow girls to join
the Cub Scouts, which had been exclusively for boys, and that it
was setting up a program that would enable older girls to reach
the coveted rank of Eagle Scout.

In May of this year, the BSA announced it was changing the name
of a Boy Scouts program for 11-year-olds to 17-year-olds to the
more gender-neutral Scouts BSA starting in February 2019.

That was apparently the last straw for the Mormons who announced
they were ending a 105-year partnership with the BSA and
starting their own youth program.

And last month, the Girl Scouts of the United States of America
sued the BSA for trademark infringement.

If the BSA does file for bankruptcy, it would be making a move
straight out of the playbook of the Roman Catholic church. Some
20 dioceses and religious groups have sought Chapter 11
protection while they negotiate settlements with thousands of
victims.

USA Gymnastics, which is facing a tsunami of lawsuits stemming
from the Larry Nassar scandal, filed for bankruptcy earlier this
month. By doing so, experts said the organization will be able
to put on hold all litigation, including ongoing discovery and
depositions of key figures.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boy-scouts-america-may-file-
bankruptcy-due-costs-sex-abuse-n947576

Trump Only Asked For $5 Billion
2019-11-17 07:41:34 UTC
Immigration: A federal employment ad posted in January showing
that 65,000 unaccompanied minors will enter the U.S. illegally
shows that the administration expected this cross-border child
abuse and encouraged it.

Concrete evidence has shown up proving our earlier assertion:
The breach of our border by waves of unaccompanied alien
children was orchestrated by the administration based on a
strategy straight out of the playbook President Obama studied as
a community organizer. His goal is to get his way on immigration
reform by overwhelming the U.S. Border Patrol and collapsing an
already weakened system.

The evidence comes in the form a government contract solicited
in January by the Department of Homeland Security. The listing
asked for "Escort Services for Unaccompanied Alien Children" in
expectation of the arrival of 65,000 minors on our southern
border without their parents or guardians.

The operative language in the listing is the statement by
DHS/Immigration and Customs Enforcement that they expect there
"will be approximately 65,000" alien minors requiring
assistance. This is a significant increase from the 5,000 minors
who are detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement
annually. It also strongly suggests not only advance knowledge
of the human catastrophe about to unfold but a lack of any
effort to stop it.

Not only have the numbers vastly increased, but the points of
origin have changed. No longer are we talking about just poor
Mexican families seeking a better life from an "act of love," as
one possible 2016 presidential candidate put it. Hondurans,
Salvadorans and Guatemalans now make up about 75% of illegals
caught in South Texas.

The number of children traveling without parents has overwhelmed
Border Patrol detention centers along the Texas border,
prompting officials to ship them to converted warehouses and
military bases as far away as California. The situation is so
bad that there is fear we would have no place to put American
citizen refugees if another Hurricane Katrina occurs. Some have
even called this alien-children invasion Obama's Katrina.

This is no act of love, as children are transported by cartels
and other human traffickers from Central America and then
through 1,800 miles of difficult Mexican roads. They are
subjected to the worst abuse along the way, then dumped across
the border, where they huddle on warehouse floors in conditions
ideal for the spread of infectious diseases.

Such a journey is made on the expectation that these children
will not be turned away. At a House Homeland Security Committee
hearing this week, committee Republicans noted three causes for
this influx: Obama executive actions such as the Deferred Action
for Childhood Arrivals program; lax enforcement policies; and
talk on both sides of the aisle of comprehensive immigration
reform indistinguishable from amnesty.

As committee Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul noted in his opening
statement:

"Newspapers in El Salvador and Honduras seem to be encouraging
youth to head to the United States based on these policies. And
recent internal DHS surveys of these children reveal that more
than 70% believe they are going to stay in the country."

This is a human tragedy of the administration's making. ICE
union boss Chris Crane testified last year at a House Judiciary
Committee hearing, lodging complaints about the lawlessness
behind the "nation's broken immigration system."

"ICE has essentially prohibited its agents from enforcing"
immigration law, Crane said. "What message do ICE practices send
to the world? The message is: 'We don't enforce our laws, come
on over, and if you do get caught, just lie to us. Lie about the
day and year you entered, lie about going to high school, you
won't be required to prove anything.'"

This is a humanitarian disaster as well a political outrage, and
the Obama White House wanted it to happen.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/2019-challenges-
trump-congress/