Trump tears into Fox News in tweet saying network cost him the election...
2020-11-10 17:34:42 UTC
...shortly after host Neil Cavuto cut away from Kayleigh McEnany over 'illegal
voting' smears - and Sandra Smith ridiculed guest who questioned election result

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8931857/Fox-News-cuts-away-Kayleigh-McEnanys-press-conference.html

*The president accused Fox of 'tampering with the election' because its polls
were 'so inaccurate' in a series of irate tweets Monday night

*The same day Fox News' host Cavuto cut away from Kayleigh McEnany's press
conference Monday afternoon after she made a series of baseless claims

*McEnany launched into a string of claims, including that the Democrats oppose
voter ID laws and stopped GOP poll observers watching ballots being counted

*Cavuto cut across her saying 'unless she has more details to back that up, I
can't in good countenance continue to show you this'

*Hours earlier anchor Sandra Smith was caught frowning, rolling her eyes and
asking 'what is happening' as a guest repeated Trump's fraud claims

*Rupert Murdoch's media empire, a former close ally of the president, appears to
be distancing itself from Trump, changing its messaging after the election

Donald Trump has laid into Fox News saying it cost him the election, the same
day host Neil Cavuto cut away from Kayleigh McEnany's press conference over her
baseless claims of 'illegal voting' and Sandra Smith was caught ridiculing a
guest who questioned the validity of the result.

The president accused Fox of 'tampering with the election' because its polls
were 'so inaccurate' in a series of irate tweets Monday night where he threw the
blame for his election defeat onto the media.

This came the same day the network, which has long been a close ally of Trump's,
appeared to make its stance clear over his campaign's repeated unsubstantiated
claims that the election is 'rigged'.

Fox News' host Cavuto cut away from Kayleigh McEnany's press conference Monday
afternoon saying he 'can't in good countenance continue showing this' as she
made a series of baseless claims that Democrats 'welcome fraud and illegal
voting'.

Meanwhile, hours earlier anchor Sandra Smith was caught frowning and rolling her
eyes and asking 'what is happening' as a Trump supporter repeated Trump's
accusations of widespread election fraud.

This comes as Rupert Murdoch's media empire appears to be seeking to distance
itself from Trump, with Fox and several of his other conservative outlets
switching their messaging in the days after the election much to Trump's ire.

Trump reeled off a barrage of tweets Monday accusing Fox and several other
outlets of 'election interference' and 'tampering' with the election because
their polls were 'so far off' in several states.

He singled out Fox saying it was 'wrong on everything' adding to his
increasingly fractured relationship with Fox News and Murdoch.

'@FoxNews, @QuinnipiacPoll, ABC/WaPo, NBC/WSJ were so inaccurate with their
polls on me, that it really is tampering with an Election. They were so far off
in their polling, and in their attempt to suppress - that they should be called
out for Election Interference,' Trump blasted.

He pointed to states including Wisconsin and Iowa where he said the media
projected he would lose to Joe Biden.

'ABC/WaPo had me down 17 points in Wisconsin, the day before the election, and I
WON! In Iowa, the polls had us 4 points down, and I won by 8.2%! Fox News and
Quinnipiac were wrong on everything,' he wrote.

'The worst polling ever, and then they’ll be back in four years to do it again.
This is much more then voter and campaign finance suppression!'

His Twitter rant came after Fox refused to air much of Enany's press briefing
Monday, breaking away from the president's press secretary moments after she
launched into a number of claims of election fraud - none of which have yet been
backed up by evidence.

McEnany kicked off her press conference insisting the election is 'not over' and
that Republicans had 'only begun the process of obtaining an accurate, honest
vote count.'

She then launched into a string of unsubstantiated claims, including that the
Democrats oppose voter ID laws, the verification of signatures, citizenship,
residency and other identity markers, and that they had prevented Republican
poll observers watching ballots being counted.

'You don't take these positions because you want an honest election,' McEnany
said.

'You take these positions because you are welcoming fraud and you are welcoming
illegal voting.'

She continued saying 'we want every legal vote to be counted and we want every
illegal vote - ' before Neil Cavuto cut across her.

'Whoa, whoa, whoa. I just think we have to be very clear: she's charging the
other side as welcoming fraud and illegal voting, unless she has more details to
back that up, I can't in good countenance continue to show you this,' Cavuto
said.

Cavuto said the network would return to the press conference if McEnany
presented any evidence to back up the claims.

'But that's an explosive charge to make, that the other side is effectively
rigging and cheating, if she does bring proof of that of course we'll take you
back so far she has started saying, right at the outset, welcoming fraud,
welcoming illegal voting,' Cavuto said.

'Not so fast,' he added.

Fox did not resume airing the press conference.

When McEnany was later asked by a reporter for evidence of fraudulent votes,
Trump's press secretary was unable to present anything and asked for 'patience'.

'What we are asking for right now is patience as we explore these equal
protection claims among others,' McEnany said.

Cavuto's refusal to give the baseless claims airtime comes the same day footage
surfaced online of his colleague ridiculing a guest on the network who was
questioning the election result.

In a leaked clip circulating online, Smith - who was not on air at the time -
pulls faces at the DC-based lawyer Cleta Mitchell's comments and asks 'what is
happening'.

‘I think everybody wants to know that this was done properly and legally and we
can trust the results,’ said Cleta Mitchell, as she reiterated Trump's claims of
voter fraud, despite the president providing no evidence.

‘And I think we have to look into every one of these concerns.

‘Remember, just because CNN says, or even Fox News says that somebody's
president doesn't make them president,’ Mitchell told Fox News’ Trace Gallagher
who was interviewing her.

Smith is caught on camera rolling her eyes, furrowing her brow and shaking her
head.

‘What?’ Smith said, looking up in disbelief and appearing to be unaware she was
being picked up on a hot mic.

While Mitchell continues speaking, Smith then interjects in an angrier tone:
‘What is happening? Like, Trace, we've called it.’

Mitchell was either unable to hear Smith or chose to ignore her heckles, as she
continued speaking.

The video was first circulated on Twitter by political consultant, and former
Daily Beast director of video, Timothy Burke.

*
Ted
2020-11-10 18:02:23 UTC
Post by Miloch
be distancing itself from Trump, changing its messaging after the election
Donald Trump has laid into Fox News saying it cost him the election,
LOL! He really needs to return to the WWE after January. I'll be
disappointed if he doesn't.