Kirk Douglas leaves his entire $60m fortune to charity
2020-02-23 17:39:48 UTC
...including donations to LA children's hospital, Sinai Temple and St Lawrence
University - leaving nothing to his son Michael (who is worth $300m)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8035057/Kirk-Douglas-left-entire-60million-fortune-charity.html

*Actor Kirk Douglas has reportedly left his entire $60million fortune to charity

*Kirk, who died February 5, was known for charitable contributions during his
life

*A total of $50million will be distributed through the Douglas Foundation, which
was founded by Kirk and his wife, Anne

*Some of the beneficiaries include St Lawrence University, the Sinai Temple of
Los Angeles, the Kirk Douglas Theatre and the Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Actor Kirk Douglas has reportedly left his entire $60million fortune to charity.

Kirk was laid to rest on February 7 at the Westwood Memorial in Los Angeles, two
days after he died at his home. He was 103.

According to the Mirror, Kirk didn't leave any money to his son, Michael, a
Hollywood star who has his own net worth of about $300million.

But Kirk, who was known for his charitable contributions throughout his life,
did leave the money to several beneficiaries.

A total of $50million will be distributed through the Douglas Foundation, which
was founded by Kirk and his wife, Anne.

According to the Mirror, some of the beneficiaries include St Lawrence
University, the Sinai Temple of Los Angeles, the Kirk Douglas Theatre and the
Children's Hospital Los Angeles.

Prior to his passing Kirk and Anne were already in the process of making more
generous donations.

Kirk is survived by Anne, who is his second wife, and three of his four sons:
Michael, Joel, and Peter.

Michael, 75, responded to his father's death by posting a series of pictures of
the two of them together, including a family portrait with all Kirk's sons. He
called his father 'a legend', 'a humanitarian' and 'a wonderful husband'.

'It is with tremendous sadness that my brothers and I announce that Kirk Douglas
left us today at the age of 103,' Michael wrote at the time.

'To the world he was a legend, an actor from the golden age of movies who lived
well into his golden years, a humanitarian whose commitment to justice and the
causes he believed in set a standard for all of us to aspire to.

'But to me and my brothers Joel and Peter he was simply Dad, to Catherine, a
wonderful father-in-law, to his grandchildren and great grandchild their loving
grandfather, and to his wife Anne, a wonderful husband.

'Kirk's life was well lived,' Douglas added, 'and he leaves a legacy in film
that will endure for generations to come, and a history as a renowned
philanthropist who worked to aid the public and bring peace to the planet'.

'Let me end with the words I told him on his last birthday and which will always
remain true. Dad- I love you so much and I am so proud to be your son,' Michael
said.

Kirk and Anne married in 1954. Kirk had two sons with Anne, Eric and Peter
Douglas.

Their youngest son Eric tragically died of an accidental drug overdose in 2004
aged 46.

Michael Douglas and his brother Joel were the sons of Kirk and his first wife
Diana Douglas, who died in 2015 aged 92.

German-born Anne, 100, met Kirk in Paris when she was the publicity girl on his
1953 film Act Of Love.

Anne initially turned down the job as Kirk had built up a reputation as a
Lothario but eventually agreed to work with him as long as it was strictly
business.

At the time, Kirk was engaged to actress Pier Angeli but says he 'fell out of
love with her'.

He married Anne in Las Vegas on May 29, 1954. Kirk admitted to extramarital
affairs in their 65 years as a married couple.

Anne knew about the affairs and wrote: 'One of the things I love most about Kirk
is his inability to keep secrets… Let me explain my attitude concerning this. As
a European, I understood it was unrealistic to expect total fidelity in a
marriage.'

Douglas suffered a stroke back in 1996 that left him with slurred speech and
damaged facial nerves but it didn't stop him from attending the Academy Awards
ceremony two weeks later to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award.

He had been in relatively good health since his stroke.

Michael's wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones, 50, was among those leading the tributes
in the wake of her father-in-law's death, writing alongside a photo of the pair:
'To my darling Kirk, I shall love you for the rest of my life. I miss you
already. Sleep tight...'

A host of other Hollywood stars joined in the outpouring of grief, with
celebrities and fans alike flooding social media to honor the legendary screen
star after news of his death broke.

Sylvester Stallone, who shared a poster from Douglas's 1949 boxing film
Champion, wrote on Instagram: 'KIRK DOUGLAS!!! The last great giant of my cinema
heroes has passed on to Infinite glory. Amazing artist! The likes of which we
will never ever see again!'

Steven Spielberg presented Douglas with an honorary Oscar at the Academy Awards
in 1996 and was also one of those who gave remarks at the star's 100th birthday
party in December 2016.

'Kirk retained his movie star charisma right to the end of his wonderful life
and I’m honored to have been a small part of his last 45 years,' Spielberg said.

'I will miss his handwritten notes, letters and fatherly advice, and his wisdom
and courage – even beyond such a breathtaking body of work – are enough to
inspire me for the rest of mine.'

Douglas was the son of Jewish Russian immigrants who rose through the ranks to
become one of Hollywood's biggest-ever stars.

*
MummyChunk
2020-02-24 18:54:26 UTC
....including donations to LA children's hospital, Sinai Temple an
St Lawrenc
University - leaving nothing to his son Michael (who is wort
$300m
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8035057/Kirk-Douglas-left-entire-60million-fortune-charity.htm
*Actor Kirk Douglas has reportedly left his entire $60millio
fortune to charit
*Kirk, who died February 5, was known for charitable contribution
during hi
lif
*A total of $50million will be distributed through the Dougla
Foundation, whic
was founded by Kirk and his wife, Ann
*Some of the beneficiaries include St Lawrence University, th
Sinai Temple o
Los Angeles, the Kirk Douglas Theatre and the Children's Hospita
Los Angele
Actor Kirk Douglas has reportedly left his entire $60millio
fortune to charity
Kirk was laid to rest on February 7 at the Westwood Memorial in Lo
Angeles, tw
days after he died at his home. He was 103
According to the Mirror, Kirk didn't leave any money to his son
Michael,
Hollywood star who has his own net worth of about $300million
But Kirk, who was known for his charitable contributions throughou
his life
did leave the money to several beneficiaries
A total of $50million will be distributed through the Dougla
Foundation, whic
was founded by Kirk and his wife, Anne
According to the Mirror, some of the beneficiaries include S
Lawrenc
University, the Sinai Temple of Los Angeles, the Kirk Dougla
Theatre and th
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
Prior to his passing Kirk and Anne were already in the process o
making mor
generous donations
Kirk is survived by Anne, who is his second wife, and three of hi
four sons
Michael, Joel, and Peter
Michael, 75, responded to his father's death by posting a series o
pictures o
the two of them together, including a family portrait with al
Kirk's sons. H
called his father 'a legend', 'a humanitarian' and 'a wonderfu
husband'
'It is with tremendous sadness that my brothers and I announce tha
Kirk Dougla
left us today at the age of 103,' Michael wrote at the time
'To the world he was a legend, an actor from the golden age o
movies who live
well into his golden years, a humanitarian whose commitment t
justice and th
causes he believed in set a standard for all of us to aspire to
'But to me and my brothers Joel and Peter he was simply Dad, t
Catherine,
wonderful father-in-law, to his grandchildren and great grandchil
their lovin
grandfather, and to his wife Anne, a wonderful husband
'Kirk's life was well lived,' Douglas added, 'and he leaves
legacy in fil
that will endure for generations to come, and a history as
renowne
philanthropist who worked to aid the public and bring peace to th
planet'
'Let me end with the words I told him on his last birthday an
which will alway
remain true. Dad- I love you so much and I am so proud to be you
son,' Michae
said
Kirk and Anne married in 1954. Kirk had two sons with Anne, Eri
and Pete
Douglas
Their youngest son Eric tragically died of an accidental dru
overdose in 200
aged 46
Michael Douglas and his brother Joel were the sons of Kirk and hi
first wif
Diana Douglas, who died in 2015 aged 92
German-born Anne, 100, met Kirk in Paris when she was the publicit
girl on hi
1953 film Act Of Love
Anne initially turned down the job as Kirk had built up
reputation as
Lothario but eventually agreed to work with him as long as it wa
strictl
business
At the time, Kirk was engaged to actress Pier Angeli but says h
'fell out o
love with her'
He married Anne in Las Vegas on May 29, 1954. Kirk admitted t
extramarita
affairs in their 65 years as a married couple
Anne knew about the affairs and wrote: 'One of the things I lov
most about Kir
is his inability to keep secrets Let me explain my attitud
concerning this. A
[...]
Great pics. One can only hope to age so gracefully.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=530709330#530709330