He's Going to Get Reelected, Isn't He? - You bet.
Add Reply
MAGA2020
2018-09-29 14:04:51 UTC
Democrats sure showed their true immature, inferior education,
laziness and ignorance in September 2018.

On Wednesday afternoon, Donald Trump stood at a podium in New
York, where he was attending the United Nations General
Assembly, and gave something resembling a press conference. In a
discursive 81 minutes, he called Democratic senators “con
artists” for investigating allegations that the Supreme Court
nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a girl when he was in
high school. He insisted, in his signature third person, that
China has respect for “Donald Trump’s very, very large brain”
and that North Korea’s brutal dictator wrote him a “very
personal,” “beautiful” letter. There was word salad about Middle
East peace and something about Chuck Schumer voting against
George Washington.

And when it was over, despite all the agita on social media, I
thought to myself: He’s going to get reelected. Or, more
precisely: For all I know, he’s going to get reelected because
his voters certainly didn’t see what I just saw.

Trump has divided America into two realities, and at key
moments, his language reinforces that divide.

The Kavanaugh prosecutor is asking a baffling line of questions.

If you live in the reality that reads The Atlantic, you watched
that press conference and thought Trump had gone off the rails.
He rambled to the point of incoherence, skimming across
unfinished thoughts until his sentences fell off a cliff. His
policy pronouncements stayed on the spectrum between incorrect
and terrifying. The lies, the bullying, the interrupting— this
was not the behavior of a commander in chief but of a WWE
personality.

DAVID FRUM
But if you live in the reality that mainlines Fox News, you saw
something else—a strong president. You heard Trump assert
America’s resurging greatness: Steel mills are being built,
farmers will thrive, and the economy is doing better than even
he predicted. Trump suggested that he was wheeling and dealing
on trade with everyone from South Korea to Mexico, and showing
everyone who’s boss. World leaders at the UN were laughing with
him, not at him. He was too busy chairing the Security Council
to pay attention to Kavanaugh’s latest accuser. And his genuine
solidarity with the accused reinforced the narrative taking hold
in conservative circles: Don’t fear that your daughters’ lives
will be ruined by assault; fear that your sons’ lives will be
ruined by false accusations.

The truth, as we now know, is irrelevant in this reality. To
anyone who already believes that Trump is strong, Trump’s
language was comforting. You saw a man in his element, blocks
away from his very own building with his very own name on it,
standing quite literally at the center of the world stage, and
clearly enjoying himself. He exuded what his base so desperately
hopes he and, by extension, they have—power.

What Mark Judge’s absence reveals

Trump hasn’t done many of these solo press conferences. (My
former boss President Barack Obama used to get heat for not
doing more, but Trump has famously avoided them without much
criticism.) And yet, in his few appearances, he has completely
upended the medium. Gone are the predictable if tense affairs
where reporters asked questions and presidents would either
answer them or give the appearance of answering them. They have
been replaced with a reality show where the president pits
reporters, nations, his staff, and even his own controversies
(Kavanaugh v. Rosenstein) against one another, all to
demonstrate that he alone hands out roses.

And while some of America sees this for what it is—unhinged
chaos—others see it filtered through the prism of right-wing
media, where all such performances come out looking strangely
authoritative.

Whether Trump’s obsessive references to Obama are a tic or a
strategy, they serve his cause. On Wednesday, the president said
he would have the chance to nominate 145 lower-court judges,
because “President Obama wasn’t big on picking judges.” Why?
“They got tired, they got complacent—something happened.” That
“something” was, in fact, Mitch McConnell, who brought the
process to a halt when Republicans won the Senate. But that’s a
pesky detail; what Trump supporters heard is that Obama was weak
and lazy, while he is a man of action.

When a question was asked about the administration’s policy
toward Cuba, the president again invoked his predecessor, saying
that Obama “gave them a pass,” as if Obama’s groundbreaking deal
with Cuba had been a free-for-all. From the economy to North
Korean hostages to Iran, he couldn’t help but invoke the former
president’s name.

His critics found these repeated digs boorish, and small. His
fans probably found them resolute, funny, and, yes, powerful.
Trump, I wager, is perfectly aware of how he comes across in
both realities, and he’s fine with that. He doesn’t care how the
other half lives, and how they think.

Why is everyone so unfair to Donald Trump?

To wit: Responding to a question about Kavanaugh, Trump falsely
claimed that 52 percent of women voted for him. The Twitterati
went bananas, fact-checking his obvious lie: He only got 41
percent of all women; that 52 percent was white women. Trump—a
man single-mindedly obsessed with the 2016 election—surely knows
this. This intentional error signaled to his voters that he
knows who they are and he’s not out to attract anyone new. They
can have him all to themselves. And that is a potent electoral
strategy.

A poll released on the day of Trump’s press conference showed
that Kavanaugh’s support among Republican women had dropped by
18 points. But 2020 is still far away. If the Democrats do, as
some predict, take back Congress and start investigating the
administration, Republicans will surely close ranks around their
threatened leader. If Kavanaugh isn’t confirmed and Democrats
are able to spend the next two years blocking the confirmation
of another right-wing justice, the conservative base will rally
around Trump.

If Wednesday’s press conference demonstrated anything, it’s that
Trump may be so unpresidential as to be untouchable.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/09/trump-could-
get-reelected/571522/

MAGA2020

c***@optonline.net
2018-10-02 19:14:12 UTC
NO WAY !

Watch the incredible blue wave next month.

When all is said 'n done, if we're lucky,
he won't even serve out his term.
Miloch
2018-10-02 19:16:00 UTC
Post by c***@optonline.net
NO WAY !
Watch the incredible blue wave next month.
When all is said 'n done, if we're lucky,
he won't even serve out his term.
Countdown to Trump's removal has just started... waiting for Twitter to
suspend Trump's account for impersonating a President.

*
c***@optonline.net
Only problem is, as incredibly bad as Trump is, Pence is even worse !
c***@optonline.net
2018-10-02 20:09:31 UTC
My understanding is that Pence is one of those complete fools, who
doesn't believe in evolution. Thinks all those fossils were put there
by the devil to mislead man. Thinks we are created in God's image and
likeness. Sheeesh !
2A
But that's who Miss Shylock wants to be pres.
duke
2018-10-04 12:49:06 UTC
Post by c***@optonline.net
NO WAY !
Watch the incredible blue wave next month.
The rip tide is going the other way.
Post by c***@optonline.net
When all is said 'n done, if we're lucky,
he won't even serve out his term.
For what, being the best president we've had in decades? You obviously don't
like his success after 'ratbama, but success will not get another elected.

the dukester, American-American

*****
The Purpose of the NT Word of God is not to inform as it did in
the OT,but instead to form us in the very image of Jesus Christ.
*****
Miloch
2018-10-04 15:04:13 UTC
Post by c***@optonline.net
When all is said 'n done, if we're lucky,
he won't even serve out his term.
For what, being the best president we've had in decades? You obviously don't
like his success after 'ratbama, but success will not get another elected.
the dukester, American-American
Heh...heh heh...Ha ha...ho ho ho....heh ha ha ha ha...

Heh...heh heh...

heh...

...I betcha you and the missus wear matching sweaters when ya attend evening
Bible class!

*
duke

*****
Miloch
2018-10-05 05:12:50 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Miloch
Post by c***@optonline.net
When all is said 'n done, if we're lucky,
he won't even serve out his term.
For what, being the best president we've had in decades? You obviously don't
like his success after 'ratbama, but success will not get another elected.
the dukester, American-American
Heh...heh heh...Ha ha...ho ho ho....heh ha ha ha ha...
Heh...heh heh...
heh...
...I betcha you and the missus wear matching sweaters when ya attend evening
Bible class!
Roman Catholic.
That explains your inability to focus...try switching your religious efforts
over to Sikhism...BONUS...you get to wear a turban, your wife always walks three
steps behind you and you can finally FOCUS with clarity!!

*
duke

*****
Miloch
2018-10-05 20:10:15 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Miloch
Post by duke
Post by Miloch
Post by c***@optonline.net
When all is said 'n done, if we're lucky,
he won't even serve out his term.
For what, being the best president we've had in decades? You obviously don't
like his success after 'ratbama, but success will not get another elected.
the dukester, American-American
Heh...heh heh...Ha ha...ho ho ho....heh ha ha ha ha...
Heh...heh heh...
heh...
...I betcha you and the missus wear matching sweaters when ya attend evening
Bible class!
Roman Catholic.
That explains your inability to focus
It does??
the dukester, American-American
Trust me on this, DukeMan!...Miloch has a Bible and is not afraid to read it!

*
2A
2018-10-05 20:56:23 UTC
Trust me on this, DukeMan!...Miloch has a Bible and is not afraid to read it!
Pray you don't get deported.
%
2018-10-05 20:59:59 UTC
i've been deported there's nothing to it
Miloch
2018-10-05 23:34:16 UTC
Post by 2A
Post by Miloch
Trust me on this, DukeMan!...Miloch has a Bible and is not afraid to read it!
Pray you don't get deported.
Shouldn't you be polishing Trump's shoes and scratching his balls for him?...you
really don't have time for USENET repartee with all your sycophantic White House
duties.

*
duke
2018-10-06 17:16:30 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Miloch
Post by duke
Post by Miloch
Post by c***@optonline.net
When all is said 'n done, if we're lucky,
he won't even serve out his term.
For what, being the best president we've had in decades? You obviously don't
like his success after 'ratbama, but success will not get another elected.
the dukester, American-American
Heh...heh heh...Ha ha...ho ho ho....heh ha ha ha ha...
Heh...heh heh...
heh...
...I betcha you and the missus wear matching sweaters when ya attend evening
Bible class!
Roman Catholic.
That explains your inability to focus
It does??
the dukester, American-American
Trust me on this, DukeMan!...Miloch has a Bible and is not afraid to read it!
Get started. No point in waiting any longer.

*****
Miloch
2018-10-06 18:18:30 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Miloch
Post by duke
Post by Miloch
That explains your inability to focus
It does??
the dukester, American-American
Trust me on this, DukeMan!...Miloch has a Bible and is not afraid to read it!
Get started. No point in waiting any longer.
Gotta wait 'n see what the Hare Krishnas say first...no sense in rushing into
anything!

go Warriors!
*
2A
2018-10-06 20:40:11 UTC
go Warriors!
Where do you live, commie? I hope you're not my neighbor.