Pompeo, at site of Obama's address to Muslim world, rebukes his legacy: 'Age of self-inflicted American shame is over'
Leroy N. Soetoro
2019-01-17 23:52:09 UTC
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pompeo-at-site-of-obamas-address-to-
muslim-world-rebukes-his-legacy-age-of-self-inflicted-american-shame-is-
over

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday launched an astonishing rebuke
of former President Barack Obama’s foreign policy at the site of Obama’s
famous speech to the Muslim world -- declaring that “the age of self-
inflicted American shame is over.”

Pompeo delivered his remarks in Cairo, where Obama famously spoke in 2009
and promised a new beginning with Muslim and Arab countries. He was
criticized by conservatives for placing too much blame on the U.S. for
strife in the region.

Pompeo, while not mentioning Obama by name, said that “it was here, in
this city, another American stood before you” and “told you that radical
Islamist terrorism does not stem from ideology.”

“He told you that 9/11 led my country to abandon its ideals, particularly
in the Middle East,” he said at the American University in Cairo. “He told
you that the United States and the Muslim world needed ‘a new beginning.’
The results of these misjudgments have been dire.”

Pompeo said that under Obama, the U.S. abandoned its allies and was
“timid” about asserting itself, that the U.S. “grossly underestimated the
tenacity and viciousness of radical Islamism,” and kept silent as Iranians
tried to rise up against the regime in Tehran.

He also criticized Obama-era policy for “wishful thinking [that] led us to
look the other way” as Hezbollah built up its weaponry in Lebanon, and for
doing nothing as Syrian President Bashar Assad gassed his own people.

He then took another swipe at the 2015 Iran nuclear deal -- from which the
U.S. withdrew last year. The U.S. has since re-imposed economic sanctions
on the country, including on oil exports.

“Our eagerness to address only Muslims, not nations, ignored the rich
diversity of the Middle East, and frayed old bonds. It undermined the
concept of the nation-state, the building block of international
stability,” he said. “And our desire for peace at any cost led us to
strike a deal with Iran, our common enemy.”

But he promised his audience that the Trump administration was ushering in
a new era of U.S. foreign policy.

“The good news is this: The age of self-inflicted American shame is over,
and so are the policies that produced so much needless suffering. Now
comes the real ‘new beginning,’” he said.

His speech emphasized America as a force for good in the region. He cited
accomplishments under Trump’s leadership -- including the pushback of
Islamic State, the withdrawal of more troops and personnel from Iraq and
Saudi Arabia, and building a coalition to push back against Iranian
influence.

“We have rediscovered our voice. We have rebuilt our relationships. We
have rejected false overtures from enemies. And look at what we have
accomplished together,” he said.

Pompeo’s speech comes as part of a tour of the region, including Jordan
and other Gulf nations, as he seeks to coordinate an anti-Iran strategy.
It comes after a sudden decision from President Trump last month to
withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, leading to concern from some allies in
the region about U.S. commitments.

On Thursday, Pompeo appeared to attempt to assuage those fears by pledging
U.S. commitment.

“Our aim is to partner with our friends and vigorously oppose our enemies,
because a strong, secure, and economically viable Middle East is in our
national interest – and yours,” he said. “Let me be clear: America will
not retreat until the terror fight is over.”
truck.

of the Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
Miloch
2019-01-18 00:09:25 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pompeo-at-site-of-obamas-address-to-
muslim-world-rebukes-his-legacy-age-of-self-inflicted-american-shame-is-
over
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday launched an astonishing rebuke
of former President Barack Obama’s foreign policy at the site of Obama’s
famous speech to the Muslim world -- declaring that “the age of self-
inflicted American shame is over.”
Mmmmm....we got ourselves a real crisis, Leroi...Pompeo's rebuke is of paltry
importance compared to the latest revelation that America has a Commie-Stooge in
the oval Office!!

*
Byker
2019-01-18 18:55:10 UTC
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pompeo-at-site-of-obamas-address-to-muslim-world-rebukes-his-legacy-age-of-self-inflicted-american-shame-is-over
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday launched an astonishing rebuke
of former President Barack Obama’s foreign policy at the site of Obama’s
famous speech to the Muslim world -- declaring that “the age of
self-inflicted American shame is over.”
Hopefully the Euros will take the same hint: