Rage Against the Machine Destroys Nigel Farage in Threatening Legal Letter: Stop Trolling Us, Go After Trump!
2018-07-11 12:12:02 UTC
https://theblast.com/rage-against-machine-nigel-farage-legal-letter-podcast/

Nigel Farage has been at odds with Rage Against the Machine ever since he jacked
their name for his podcast: “Farage Against the Machine,” but now the band is
demanding he shut it down and suggesting his “anti-immigrant rhetoric” and
trolling might be best directed at President Donald Trump.

The Blast obtained a very strongly-worded cease and desist sent to Farage on
July 10 by the band’s main attorney, Howard King. The legal team for RATM tells
the British politician/broadcaster his podcast name and logo “brazenly and
unlawfully exploits our client’s name and logo,” adding that the “implication of
any endorsement by our client of you or your policies is particularly
abhorrent.”

Not holding any punches, the letter explains, “RATM has publicly denounced the
type o f right-wing ideology you espouse for decades; in fact, that has been an
integral part of the band’s identity and purpose.”

In a very personal shot, the letter states, “Your anti-immigrant rhetoric, lack
of social compassion and barely disguised racism and xenophobia are the
antithesis of what RATM stands for. Stop using RATM’s name and logo, change the
name of your podcast and find some other target to troll. We suggest President
Trump.”

The “Killing In the Name Of” band’s counsel doubles-down “in case the foregoing
is not crystal clear,” and is demanding Farage change the name of his podcast
and stop using all marketing, promotion and advertising with everything that
“falsely associates you, your colleagues at LBC and Fox, and your far-right
political views with RATM.”

Now, that’s metal.

*
Lesmond
2018-07-11 12:46:31 UTC
[...]
How funny would it be if the official response is, "Fuck you, I won't do
what you tell me."
--
Do not spray into eyes
I have sprayed you into my eyes