Donald Trump accused of sexual assault by former model Amy Dorris
2020-09-17 16:11:44 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/17/donald-trump-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-former-model-amy-dorris

A former model has come forward to accuse Donald Trump of sexually assaulting
her at the US Open tennis tournament more than two decades ago, in an alleged
incident that left her feeling “sick” and “violated”.

In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, Amy Dorris alleged that Trump
accosted her outside the bathroom in his VIP box at the tournament in New York
on 5 September 1997.

Dorris, who was 24 at the time, accuses Trump of forcing his tongue down her
throat, assaulting her all over her body and holding her in a grip she was
unable to escape from.

“He just shoved his tongue down my throat and I was pushing him off. And then
that’s when his grip became tighter and his hands were very gropey and all over
my butt, my breasts, my back, everything.

“I was in his grip, and I couldn’t get out of it,” she said, adding: “I don’t
know what you call that when you’re sticking your tongue just down someone’s
throat. But I pushed it out with my teeth. I was pushing it. And I think I might
have hurt his tongue.”

Via his lawyers, Trump denied in the strongest possible terms having ever
harassed, abused or behaved improperly toward Dorris.

Dorris, who lives in Florida, provided the Guardian with evidence to support her
account of her encounters with Trump, including her ticket to the US Open and
six photos showing her with the real estate magnate over several days in New
York. Trump was 51 at the time and married to his second wife, Marla Maples.

Her account was also corroborated by several people she confided in about the
incident. They include a friend in New York and Dorris’s mother, both of whom
she called immediately after the alleged incident, as well as a therapist and
friends she spoke to in the years since. All said Dorris had shared with them
details of the alleged incident that matched what she later told the Guardian.

Dorris, now 48 and a mother to twin daughters, said she had considered speaking
publicly about the incident in 2016, when several women made public similar
accusations against the then Republican candidate for president. But she decided
against coming forward, in part because she thought that doing so might harm her
family.

“Now I feel like my girls are about to turn 13 years old and I want them to know
that you don’t let anybody do anything to you that you don’t want,” she said.
“And I’d rather be a role model. I want them to see that I didn’t stay quiet,
that I stood up to somebody who did something that was unacceptable.”

Dorris said she spent several days with Trump in September 1997 after being
taken to New York for a long weekend by her then boyfriend, Jason Binn. At the
time, Dorris was living with friends in Boca Raton, Florida, regularly
travelling to Miami for modelling and occasional acting work. Binn, the founder
of several luxury fashion and lifestyle magazines, was a friend of Trump; in
1999, he reportedly described the real estate businessman as his “best friend”.

On Friday 5 September, Dorris said Binn took her to meet Trump at his office in
Trump Tower in Midtown Manhattan, before they went together to the US Open in
Queens.

“He came on very strong right away,” Dorris said of Trump. “It seemed typical of
a certain guy, people who just feel like they’re entitled to do what they want …
even though I was there with my boyfriend.”

The couple were joined by other friends of Trump in his private box, a luxury
carpeted suite that had a balcony overlooking the court. Photos from the day
show Dorris alongside Trump and his friend Marylou Whitney.

Dorris said the alleged assault occurred when she got up to go to the bathroom,
which was hidden behind a partition wall just metres from where Trump’s guests
were watching the tennis. “I was having some issues with my contact lenses,” she
said. “I remember going in there to moisten my lens.”

When she came out, she alleges, Trump was waiting outside. “Initially I thought
that he was waiting to go to the bathroom, but that wasn’t the case,
unfortunately,” she said. She alleges Trump forced himself on her after a brief
exchange in which she recalls nervously laughing and telling him: “No, get
away.”

She alleged she told Trump “no, please stop” but “he didn’t care”. “It doesn’t
matter who you are,” she said. “Any time anyone says no, no means no. And that
just didn’t work out for me. It wasn’t enough.”

“I just kind of was in shock,” she added. “I felt violated, obviously. But I
still wasn’t processing it and just was trying to go back to talking to everyone
and having a good time because, I don’t know, I felt pressured to be that way.”

Dorris cannot recall if she told Binn the full details of the alleged assault,
but she says she asked him to tell Trump to leave her alone. She said she told
Binn: “He’s all over me. I can’t deal with this. You have to do something.”

Do you have information about this story? Email ***@theguardian.com,
or use Signal or WhatsApp to message (UK) +44 7584 640566 or (US) +1 646 886
8761.

Binn did not respond to a request for comment. However, according to Trump’s
lawyers, Binn told them he had no recollection of Dorris telling him that
anything inappropriate had happened with Trump or that she felt uncomfortable
around him.

Dorris said that soon after the alleged incident, she phoned a friend who lived
in the city and told them what had happened. “I think I just felt safe knowing
that I had someone in New York that I could go to, God forbid it got worse,” she
said.

She said Trump did not seriously assault her again during her stay in New York,
but thThe day after the alleged assault, Dorris and Binn returned to Trump’s box
at the US Open. Dorris said she decided to wear a “conservative” outfit of
khakis, a blue knit sweater and loafers in an effort to discourage further
advances from Trump.

The couple stopped off at Trump’s apartment in Trump Tower on the way, where
they posed for photographs with celebrities who were also visiting the real
estate tycoon before attending the tennis, including the musicians Lenny Kravitz
and Sean Combs, AKA Puff Daddy.

Dorris said Trump continued to pursue her, asking questions such as: “Could you
see yourself living here?” “It didn’t matter that I changed my clothes, it was
still the same situation,” she said. “I didn’t feel like myself that second day
at all. It did feel like something was taken away.”

Later they were joined in Trump’s box by more VIP guests, including Leonardo
DiCaprio and the illusionist David Blaine, with whom they posed for photographs.
DiCaprio, Blaine, Kravitz and Combs did not respond to requests for comment.

Two days later, on 8 September, 1997, Dorris said she attended a memorial
service for Gianni Versace with Binn and Trump.

Asked why she continued to spend time with Binn and Trump in the days after the
alleged assault, Dorris said: “I was there from Florida and I was with Jason. I
had no money, nowhere to go. We were going from event to event and it was
overwhelming.” She did not fully process what had happened until later, she
added. “People spend years around people who have abused them, that’s what
happens when something traumatic happens, you freeze.”

Lawyers for Trump said Dorris’s version of events did not stand up to any
scrutiny and had there been any inappropriate behaviour by Trump outside of the
bathroom within the VIP box, there would have been numerous witnesses.

Trump’s lawyers said it seemed incredible that Dorris would voluntarily choose
to be in the vicinity of Trump, at the US Open and the Versace memorial, in the
days following the alleged assault. They said Binn had raised similar questions
about her account. Trump’s lawyers also questioned why Dorris sat next to Trump
at the Versace memorial, when she could have sat the other side of Binn.

They said Dorris had never raised the allegations with a law enforcement agency
or to Trump, and said the timing of the claims so close to the November
presidential election suggested they might be politically motivated.

The Guardian first heard about Dorris’s accusation against Trump via a model
agent she had worked with in Chicago, in whom she had confided. Dorris first
shared her allegation with the Guardian in confidence 15 months ago, but was
unsure about going public. She recently decided she was ready to take that step,
in part to be a role model to her daughters, who are now in their teens.

“When you invade someone’s space, it doesn’t matter if you were raped, it’s
sexual assault, and it’s not OK,” she said. “You don’t touch someone unless they
want to be touched. And I did nothing to encourage him to touch me.”

Dorris said she was also frustrated to hear Trump’s many other accusers being
accused themselves of lying. “I’m sick of him getting away with this,” she said.
“I’m tired of being quiet. It’s kind of cathartic. I just want to get this out.
And I want people to know that this is the man, this is our president. This is
the kind of thing he does and it’s unacceptable.”

*
Jack Shit
2020-09-17 16:20:13 UTC
https://www.theguardian.
Yea Yea, and Kavanaugh was guilty too. LOL
Siri Cruise
2020-09-17 18:42:16 UTC
In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, Amy Dorris alleged that Trump
accosted her outside the bathroom in his VIP box at the tournament in New York
on 5 September 1997.
An accusation is only the first step. You need evidence to
proceed. Like the defendant's sterling character. Can you imagine
iDJT doing something like this?
2020-09-17 23:06:52 UTC
In article <chine.bleu-***@reader.eternal-september.org>, Siri
Cruise says...
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Miloch
In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, Amy Dorris alleged that Trump
accosted her outside the bathroom in his VIP box at the tournament in New York
on 5 September 1997.
An accusation is only the first step. You need evidence to
proceed. Like the defendant's sterling character. Can you imagine
iDJT doing something like this?
Dunno...let's ask 'sterling Attorney General' Barr if his "client" is someone
capable of '...doing something like this?'

*

HelloKitt
2020-09-17 21:59:49 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/us-n
Yeah sure.

I'd like to look into your past and see how many molested boys turn up. It
can't be a coincidence that your chosen nym is virtually identical to Moloch, a
baby raper and killer.