Ex-Arizona teacher sentenced to 20 years in prison for sex with student
Add Reply
Liberalism In The News
2020-11-14 22:53:32 UTC
A former Arizona teacher was sentenced Friday to 20 years in
prison for having sex multiple times with one of her students, a
13-year-old boy.

The sentence, the minimum that 28-year-old Brittany Zamora
faced, was the culmination of a sensational case that drew
international attention, The Arizona Republic reported.

"I am a good and genuine person who made a mistake and regret it
deeply," Zamora told the court in Maricopa County before
sentencing, according to the paper. "I lived my life respecting
and trying to obey every law. I'm not a threat to society by any
means."

She apologized to the victims of her actions, their kin and her
own relatives, the paper reported. She told the judge that her
actions were out of character and said she'd like to attend
counseling. She said she wants to earn a new degree in prison so
she can start another career when she is free once more.

The parents of the boy found out the married Zamora was having
sex with their son after they began monitoring his phone with an
app.

Zamora taught sixth-grade students at Las Brisas Academy in
Goodyear. She was arrested in March 2018 and pleaded guilty last
month to charges of sexual conduct with a minor, attempted
molestation of a child and public sexual indecency.

On one occasion, Zamora asked an 11-year-old boy who was a
friend of the 13-year-old to stand watch during an encounter in
her classroom, the paper reported.

"Ms. Zamora lures these boys, earns their trust and then takes
advantage of them purely to fill her own sexual desires," the
mother of the boy who was asked to serve as a lookout said in
court, the paper reported. "She used her position of power to
molest a child.

"She's a pedophile and no different than if a man were sitting
in her place right now."

The 13-year-old victim’s family members were not at the
sentencing, but their statements were read by their lawyer, KVOA-
TV reported

The boy's mother said she hated Zamora for what she'd done to
her child.

Zamora has been behind bars since her arrest and will get credit
for time served.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ex-arizona-teacher-sentenced-to-20-
years-in-prison-for-sex-with-student

B1ackwater
2020-11-15 04:26:40 UTC
On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 23:53:32 +0100 (CET), "Liberalism In The News"
Post by Liberalism In The News
A former Arizona teacher was sentenced Friday to 20 years in
prison for having sex multiple times with one of her students, a
13-year-old boy.
Lucky bastard !

He will probaby kill himself now that his Mommy got all
weird about him getting some ass. The shame will be
too much to bear.