Rapper Kanye West admits defeat in presidential election after getting a DISMAL 57,000 votes in 12 states
2020-11-04 17:00:27 UTC
'WELP KANYE 2024': Rapper Kanye West admits defeat in presidential election
after getting a DISMAL 57,000 votes in 12 states - but hints at another run in
four years

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8912463/WELP-KANYE-2024-Kanye-West-concedes-defeat-getting-DISMAL-57-000-votes-12-states.html

*The rapper, 43, conceded defeat in the 2020 US presidential election on
Tuesday, tweeting a photo of himself near an electoral map

*'WELP KANYE 2024,' Yeezy tweeted, hinting that he would mount another run for
the White House in four years

*West appeared on the ballot in 12 states, where he received a total of more
than 57,000 votes on Tuesday

*On Tuesday morning, West announced he was casting his vote for himself on
election day

*'God is so good,' he wrote on Twitter. 'Today I am voting for the first time in
my life for the President of the United States, and it's for someone I truly
trust...me'

*He posted videos of himself filling in his ballot at a polling place in Park
County, Wyoming, where he owns a ranch.

*West has encouraged fans to write him onto the ballot - a move critics have
blasted for taking away crucial votes from the two key contenders

*The star announced he was running for president on July 4

*He failed to meet the deadlines needed to get on ballots in all 50 states

Kanye West has conceded defeat in the US presidential election after getting a
little more than 57,000 votes on Tuesday, though he hinted that he'll mount
another run for the White House in four years.

The rapper known as Yeezy posted a picture of himself on Twitter in front of an
electoral map saying 'WELP KANYE 2024.'

Earlier on Tuesday, West voted for himself as the next US president after a
long-shot campaign marked by erratic statements and speculation that he might
siphon some black votes from Democrat Joe Biden.

The rapper, who made a late entry into the presidential race in July, tweeted a
string of videos on election day, showing himself filling in his ballot at a
polling place in Park County, Wyoming, where he owns a ranch.

Clips posted to his Twitter page showed he had entered his name as a write in
candidate along with his Vice presidential pick Michelle Tidball - after he
failed to submit enough petition signatures in August to get onto the Wyoming
ballot.

'God is so good,' the 43-year-old wrote on Twitter.

'Today I am voting for the first time in my life for the President of the United
States, and it's for someone I truly trust...me.'

He later posted video of himself casting his vote in Cody, Wyoming, where he
wrote himself in on the ballot.

West, 43, got onto the presidential ballot in a handful of states, although not
in battlegrounds like Florida, Pennsylvania and Michigan.

According to the Associated Press, West appeared on the ballot in 12 states,
where thousands of people voted for him.

West's best performance in the election was in Tennessee, where he won 10,188
votes, according to the AP tally.

In Colorado, which went for Democrat Joe Biden, West won nearly 6,000 votes.

West received a little more than 1,200 votes in Vermont, a state which Biden
also won.

In Utah, 4,053 voters cast their ballots for West.

West also received thousands of votes in Arkansas (3,979); Idaho (2,309); Iowa
(3,179); Kentucky (6,259); Louisiana (4,837); Minnesota (6,796); Mississippi
(3,009); and Oklahoma (5,587).

He has spent recent weeks instructing followers how to vote for him as a
write-in candidate elsewhere.

One of those who did not appear to be supporting his bid for the presidency was
his wife, Kim Kardashian West.

She has given no public endorsements of her husband and on Tuesday she retweeted
a message about voter hot lines from Democratic vice presidential contender
Kamala Harris.

West, once one of Trump's biggest celebrity supporters, launched his campaign
for the White House in July with erratic statements that raised concerns over
his mental health.

The 21-time Grammy Award winner said in 2018 that he suffers from bipolar
disorder.

West loaned $6.7million to his campaign, according to a filing with the Federal
Election Commission, and in a recent video emphasized religion and family
values.

Some fans suggested that it might be illegal for Kanye to take a photo and share
his completed ballot.

But there is no Wyoming law against ballot selfies, according to Vox - however
judges of elections are allowed to 'preserve order at the polls by any necessary
and suitable means'.

In 2016, Donald Trump's son Eric quickly deleted a tweet showing he had voted
for his dad, after finding out that ballot photos are illegal in New York.

West's vote for himself came after he encouraged his fans to enter his name as a
write-in candidate in states where he does not appear on the ballot.

He failed to meet the deadlines needed to get on ballots in all 50 states. He is
an official presidential candidate in just 12 US states.

He is also a write-in candidate in five states including Alabama, Pennsylvania,
New Jersey, New Hampshire and Rhode Island and is listed as a vice presidential
candidate alongside American Independent party presidential nominee Rocky De La
Fuente in California.

This comes as ABC announced the rapper will appear on the first post-election
day episode of 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' on Wednesday night.

West, has had a tumultuous year with a very public battle with his mental health
and his marriage to Kardashian reportedly coming under strain.

Kim encouraged her fans to cast their ballots to vote in the presidential
elections on Tuesday afternoon, but failed to mention her husband's campaign.

Kim showed off her perfect pout while holding up a red, white and blue sticker
close to her face.

And while she made no mention of who she voted for, she gave a like to Kid Cudi
after he boasted about voting for Biden in the presidential election.

She also lent her support to a Kamala Harris tweet where the Senator pleaded
with voters to stay in line and report any form of intimidation.

West famously endorsed Donald Trump back in 2016 and sported a MAGA hat and
visited the president at the White House in October 2018.

This April - before launching his own campaign - he had vowed to vote for Trump
in the 2020 election telling GQ magazine: 'We know who I'm voting on... I'm not
going to be told by the people around me and the people that have their agenda
that my career is going to be over because of it!'

Then, on Independence Day, West announced he would take on Trump and run for
president himself.

'We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision
and building our future. I am running for president of the United States!' he
tweeted on July 4.

He held his bizarre first presidential rally in South Carolina in July where he
cried on stage and made the bombshell claim that he and Kim had considered
aborting daughter North

The rapper broke down in tears as he said: 'In the Bible, it says, 'Thou shall
not kill.' I remember that my girlfriend called me screaming and crying, and I
was just thinking - because at that time I was a rapper I was out there, [had]
different girlfriends and everything - and she said, 'I'm pregnant.' And I said,
'Yes!' And then I said, 'Uh oh.'

He also hit out at American abolitionist and political activist Harriet Tubman
saying she 'never actually freed the slaves, she just had them work for other
white people.'

His comments sparked marital problems with his wife, who spoke out on social
media to reveal he was in the grips of a bipolar episode at the time and the
couple were seen holding crisis talks.

West named his political party the Birthday Party and announced preacher
Michelle Tidball as his running mate.

Tidball, like Kanye, has no history of elected office but shares his pro-life
views.

West's presidential bid failed to take off after several states denied him
positions on their ballots.

In August, Illinois ruled that West didn't have enough valid signatures by the
state's deadline as he collected just 1,200 of the 2,500 needed.

Meanwhile, in Wisconsin he missed the filing deadline by 14 seconds and, in
Ohio, failed to qualify after officials ruled he filed a petition with fake
signatures.

Last month, West then released a presidential campaign video where he spoke of
'reviving America through faith', the importance of prayer and family and laid
out 10 cornerstones of his campaign, like the Ten Commandments, matching a Bible
verse to each one.

He also released a line of #Ye2020 merchandise including $60 baseball hats and
$160 hoodies.

West also asked voters to write him in as a candidate when they cast their
ballots.

He faced a backlash for encouraging voters to use their votes to write him in,
with critics slamming the move as wasting a vote that could go to a candidate
with a chance of winning.

Though West has no chance of taking the White House, Democrats fear West could
siphon key votes from black voters away from Joe Biden, helping Trump to a win.

Some have questioned whether West is working in collusion with Trump to hurt
Biden's campaign, given his previous public support for the Republican and his
close friendship with Trump's senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner.

West had first touted plans to run for president back in 2015. He previously
said he was 'walking for president' - referring to his aim to run again in 2024.

*
kelown
2020-11-08 05:45:55 UTC
Some have questioned whether West is working in collusion with Trump to hurt
Biden's campaign, given his previous public support for the Republican and his
close friendship with Trump's senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner.
Looks like he siphoned votes from Trump. I hope Trump supporters blame
him since they're desperately looking for a scapegoat.