Cowboys fans threaten to boycott if the team signs Colin Kaepernick...
2019-11-14 23:22:37 UTC
...while fellow anthem kneeler Eric Reid hints the quarterback's private workout
'is a PR stunt' for the NFL - as 10 franchises prepare to send reps to watch him
play

more at
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7685853/Cowboys-fans-threaten-boycott-team-signs-Colin-Kaepernick.html

*The NFL invited all 32 teams to attend Colin Kaepernick's workout on Saturday

•The quarterback is hoping to return to the field for the first time since his
kneeling protests against racial injustice roiled the sport three years ago

•At least 10 teams are reportedly sending reps, including the Dallas Cowboys

•The news was not well received by many Cowboys fans who vowed to stop
supporting the team if Kaepernick is added to the roster

•Some have expressed suspicion that the workout is a PR stunt by NFL officials
who shunned Kaepernick after he kneeled during the National Anthem in 2016

•Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid on Wednesday said 'it feels disingenuous'
that the league would schedule the workout for Saturday, as most teams play
Sunday

•'I'll believe it when I see it,' Reid told ESPN. 'At this point, it feels like
a PR stunt'

•Reid was the first player to join Kaepernick in taking a knee when the pair
were teammates on the 49ers

Dallas Cowboys fans are threatening to boycott the team if it signs free agent
Colin Kaepernick as the former 49ers quarterback prepares for his private
workout this weekend amid speculation that the session could be a PR stunt
orchestrated by NFL officials.

The NFL invited all 32 teams to attend the workout on Saturday - offering
Kaepernick the chance to return to the field for the first time since his
protests against racial injustice roiled the sport three years ago.

Representatives from the Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons and the Detroit Lions
have all confirmed they'll be attending the session at the Falcon's training
camp, and at least seven others have reportedly committed as well.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reported on Twitter Tuesday that the Dallas Cowboys were
among the teams sending representatives - but the news was not well received by
fans.

Dozens of Cowboys supporters responded to the reports by vowing to abandon the
team if it signed Kaepernick.

'I wont watch another cowboy game in my life if they pick that POS up,' one fan
tweeted in response to Anderson's post.

'You can't call yourself America's team and then sign someone who kneels for the
National Anthem,' a person who claims to have been a Cowboys fan since the 1970s
wrote. 'If it happens, I will be a [Houston] Texans fan.'

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett remained tight lipped on whether the invitation
would be accepted during a press conference Wednesday.

'I'm not really in-tuned to that situation very much,' Garrett said of
Kaepernick. 'We have personnel people who evaluate all guys who have an
opportunity to hopefully help our team.'

The Cowboy's current quarterback, Dak Prescott, is out of contract at the end of
the season.

Kaepernick, who hasn't played since the 2016 season, confirmed in a tweet
Tuesday that league officials had reached out to his representatives and
expressed an interest in hosting the workout and interview session.

'I've been in shape and ready for this for 3 years, can't wait to see the head
coaches and GMs on Saturday,' the exiled former Pro Bowl quarterback wrote.

While Kaepernick voiced his excitement over the opportunity, others expressed
suspicion that the workout could be a PR stunt by league officials who shunned
the quarterback after he kneeled during the National Anthem in 2016.

Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid - Kaepernick's former 49ers teammate who was
the first player to join him in taking a knee to protest extrajudicial killings
of black people by police - on Wednesday said 'it feels disingenuous' that the
league would schedule the workout on a Saturday, as most teams play on Sunday.

2019-11-15 03:28:40 UTC
[...]
The Dallas Cowboys and their fans could be more unpopular around the
country than Kaepernick, just sayin'.