Roy Moore Walks Off Sacha Baron Cohen's Show After Setting Off His 'Pedophile Detector'
2018-07-30 15:47:33 UTC
https://splinternews.com/roy-moore-walks-off-sacha-baron-cohens-show-after-setti-1827965572

Sacha Baron Cohen has been on one hell of a roll lately with his new Showtime
series Who Is America? For instance, he recently secured the resignation of a
Georgia Republican lawmaker who was filmed shouting racial epithets and
literally showing his ass.

In his latest episode, Baron Cohen—in the guise of Israeli counterterrorism
expert “Erran Morad”—sat down with accused child molester and disgraced former
Senate candidate Roy Moore, ostensibly to discuss high-tech military innovations
capable, he claimed, of detecting biological markers unique to pedophiles. And
wouldn’t you know it—when Baron Cohen demonstrated one of these inventions, it
seemed to detect something odd about Moore.

Baron Cohen feigned shock and confusion as the wand he was wielding repeatedly
began beeping when waved over Moore’s chest.

“It must be faulty, it’s malfunctioning,” he apologized as the “detector” beeped
over and over again.

“I’ve been married for 33 [years]” Moore said, clearly agitated. “I’ve never had
an accusation of such things,” he added, in spite of very credible, very public
allegations that he repeatedly engaged in inappropriate—and in at least one
case, illegal—sexual conduct with a number of young girls.

“Maybe Israeli technology hasn’t developed properly” Moore said, before
declaring that he was “simply cutting this conversation right now.”

“I support Israel, I don’t support this kind of stuff,” he added as he walked
off camera.

Ironically, the segment began with Baron Cohen’s character saying, in Hebrew,
“don’t say anything stupid.” Moore...did not follow that advice.

*
Rudy Canoza
2018-07-30 15:53:00 UTC
http://youtu.be/3kaJaDx51iw
This is fucking hilarious!
NoBody
2018-07-31 11:33:29 UTC
[...]
I guess this is what passes as humor for this dumb generation.