Bette Midler denounced as a 'real racist' by fellow celebrities for tweet about black Trump supporters
Add Reply
Save America - Ban Democrats
2019-07-29 05:26:22 UTC
Bette Midler is catching serious backlash for a tweet about black
Trump supporters, including receiving jabs from fellow celebrities who
are calling her racist.

The actress sent a tweet on Wednesday in which she implied that black
attendees of President Trump’s recent 2020 re-election rally were paid
by the POTUS’ team to be there.

“Look, there are African American men in this shot! How much did he
pay them to be ‘blackground?’” Midler tweeted with an image of the
Trump rally.

BETTE MIDLER BLASTS MELANIA TRUMP IN POEM FOLLOWING TWITTER CLASH WITH
PRESIDENT

Despite the star’s social media being rife with comments lambasting
the president, the tweet caught immediate negative attention from her
1.7 million followers for its insinuation that the black community can
neither think for themselves nor reasonably support Trump.

Bette Midler
?
@BetteMidler
Look, there are African American men in this shot! How much did he
pay them to be “blackground”?

View image on Twitter
7,243
8:03 AM - Jul 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
46.3K people are talking about this
Among those in Hollywood to turn on Midler for her comments was former
“Cheers” star Kirstie Alley, who denounced the tweet as “REAL racism.”

“This is one of the most racist, degrading 'jokes' I've seen on
Twitter & that's saying a lot,” the actress tweeted. “We get it Bette,
you hate Trump & that's your right but to imply Black men have to be
PAID to celebrate their OWN political views is pure and REAL racism.
And "BLACKGROUND"?? WTF??!!”

Kirstie Alley
?
@kirstiealley
This is one of the most racist, degrading "jokes" I've seen on
Twitter & that's saying a lot. We get it Bette, you hate Trump &
that's your right but to imply Black men have to be PAID to celebrate
their OWN political views is pure and REAL racism. And
"BLACKGROUND"?? WTF??!!
https://twitter.com/bettemidler/status/1154044513872015361 …

Bette Midler
?
@BetteMidler
Look, there are African American men in this shot! How much did he
pay them to be “blackground”?

View image on Twitter
89.2K
5:34 AM - Jul 25, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
32.6K people are talking about this
Actor Kevin Sorbo retweeted a post from comedian Terrence K. Williams
who posted a video denouncing Midler’s tweet as degrading to black
conservatives.

DONALD TRUMP, BETTE MIDLER FEUD DEEPENS WHEN STAR SUGGESTS SOMEONE
'GIVE HIM A SHIV'

“Bravo!” Sorbo wrote.

Kevin Sorbo
?
@ksorbs
Bravo!@realDonaldTrump @BetteMidler
https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1154196848397234177 …

Terrence K. Williams
?
@w_terrence
Hey Bette Midler you sound racist! @realDonaldTrump did not pay any
black people to support him!

We can think for ourselves. I never received a checked!

Has anyone received a Check?
I support the @POTUS for Free!

?? #ISupportTrumpForFree

Embedded video
5,366
4:42 AM - Jul 25, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,005 people are talking about this
“Really, Bette? REALLY? @bettemidler You’re this crazy to insinuate
black Americans have absolutely no mind or values of their own & would
only support their country & @realdonaldtrump for ‘money’? SMH you
probably think they’re all pimps & black women like me are just hoes,
too?” wrote artist Joy Villa.

Joy Villa
?
@Joy_Villa
Really, Bette? REALLY? @bettemidler You’re this crazy to insinuate
black Americans have absolutely no mind or values of their own & would
only support their country & @realdonaldtrump for ‘money’? SMH you
probably think they’re all pimps & black women like me are just hoes,
too?

View image on Twitter
6,500
7:08 PM - Jul 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,948 people are talking about this
Despite the negative backlash from both celebrities and her followers,
the 73-year-old actress doubled down on her comments in response to a
negative tweet directed at director Rob Reiner. The actress said she’d
tweet as many “f-bombs” as she feels like.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Personally, I enjoy swearing. Why don’t you try it, you
uptight.....ha!” she wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bette-midler-denounced-racist-celebrities-tweet-black-trump-supporters
Siri Cruise
2019-07-29 08:16:12 UTC
Post by Save America - Ban Democrats
The actress sent a tweet on Wednesday in which she implied that black
attendees of President Trump’s recent 2020 re-election rally were paid
by the POTUS’ team to be there.
Well? How many were? It's the kind of thing iDJT is frequently caught doing, so
answer the damn question instead whining with your hand caught in the trap.