'I get lonely every day.' Kathie Lee Gifford, 66, admits she's ready to find love after the death of her husband Frank...
2020-02-05 01:36:12 UTC
...as she reflects on finding peace after their marriage and reveals she's
dating 'very sweet guy'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7962625/Kathie-Lee-Gifford-admits-shes-ready-love-death-husband-Frank.html

*Kathie Lee Gifford said she's ready to find love again after the death of her
husband Frank, who died in August 2015, she exclusively told DailyMail.com

*Frank Gifford, a sportscaster and former NFL player, died of natural causes at
84

*The star says the magic of her 29-year marriage will be tough for any man to
match

*But the 66-year-old admitted she's dating a new man in her new hometown of
Nashville, Tennessee but remained coy on his identity

*DailyMailTV revealed over the summer that she was seen smooching Randy Cronk,
56, but Gifford wouldn't confirm their relationship

*She only said: 'I am dating a very sweet guy. I told him how blessed I am'

*Gifford hinted she was still lonely, saying he asked her if she ever got
lonely, and she admitted: 'Every day'

TV star Kathie Lee Gifford has told DailyMailTV she's finally ready to find love
again, five years after the passing of her husband.

In an exclusive interview, Gifford revealed she's already dating a new man in
her new home town of Nashville, Tennessee.

But while she is enjoying nights out with the mystery man, she's in no rush to
find a replacement for late husband Frank Gifford, a sportscaster and former NFL
player.

'You don't find love, love finds you,' the 66-year-old said. 'That's what I'm
waiting for. I'm not going out looking for it. God will bring it to me.'

The former TODAY host remained coy on the identity of her new man, months after
she was caught on camera smooching and grinding with a mystery man at an outdoor
concert in Nashville last summer.

DailyMailTV later revealed the man was insurance agent Randy Cronk, 56, from
Spring Hill, Tennessee.

But the former TV anchor wouldn't confirm a relationship with Cronk, only that
she's currently with a 'sweet guy'.

'I have dated. I would like to find somebody, I'm a people person. I am dating a
very sweet guy. I told him how blessed I am,' she said. 'I feel very cozy in
there and he asked if you ever get lonely and I said ''every day''.'

Last November Gifford quit her long term home in Greenwich, Connecticut, which
she shared with her late husband Frank, and moved to Nashville.

She said feels that Frank's sudden death of natural causes in August 2015 at the
age of 84, ended his suffering from CTE and acted as closure for her.

'Frank had been very sick for several years before he passed and when Frank did
see Jesus and went straight to heaven, I had such closure,' she explained.

'I had been praying that the Lord would take him that way, on a beautiful day
when we were on our way to church - and boy he did go to church. I have such
peace because I know who he is with.

'We were watching a football game at my restaurant the other day and something
happened and one of my friends, he looked at me and goes, ''That was Frank
smiling at you.''

'He's up there with my mother and my father... at my age, you start to have lost
quite a few of your loved ones, but it's not the end. The Christian faith is
about internal life.'

The mother-of-two admits to still being lonely despite leaving 'chaotic' New
York for a new life in 'happy' Nashville, packed with 'churches on every
corner', and meeting new people and going on dates.

'The loneliness is a natural progression in life when your parents have passed
on, your husband has passed on, your children have moved away and you're alone
in the big house that once was teaming with activity and now the silence is
deafening.

'And it doesn't matter how much music you put on, you can't escape the fact that
you are there by yourself.'

The star says the magic of her 29-year marriage to husband Frank will be tough
for any man to match though.

Reflecting on being an open book about her roller coaster life, she added: 'I've
spoken about these things very honestly all my life. I want to live an authentic
life. Have I lied at times in my life? Yeah, and I do not like it. '

'The truth is what sets us free. I don't want every one of my pictures to look
glossed over. I want to look good but I try to make it okay so that I can forget
about myself. It doesn't matter because God loves me.'

Gifford also opened up further on her understanding of faith and Christianity,
insisting she celebrates God daily rather than attending Sunday church services.

And she believes that her faith has guided her in life and without it, she may
have ended up in rehab, Gifford said.

She explained: 'I don't have a religion; I have never had a religion. I have a
relationship in the living God and I've had it my whole life.

'There is a scripture in the Bible that says we live and move and have our
being. It doesn't say we go visit, sit on our butts and learn something that we
try to apply to our lives for the rest of the week.

'And I'm not putting church down, I am just saying too many people are confusing
that with a relationship with God who loves us and intimate and it's exciting
and it's an adventure.

'I can't even imagine taking a breath without acknowledging that breath comes
from my Lord; He's everything to me - I would be in Betty Ford clinic or be in a
straight jacket or be prison because with this mouth, you know the trouble I
would have gotten into.'

Gifford bid goodbye to hosting the TODAY show in April last year, after joining
the program in 2008.

A month after her retirement, she told People magazine that she was finally
ready to begin dating, but asserted: 'I'm not interested in something that isn't
magnificent.

'Do I need companionship? Yes, I do, and that's one of the main reasons I moved
to Nashville. Not that I'm looking for a man. What I'm looking for is an active,
vibrant life.'

2020-02-05 06:23:08 UTC
[...]
What happened to the guy she picked up through Takl.com, there was a
story about that not that long ago.
Miloch
2020-02-05 14:05:04 UTC
In article <super70s-***@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...
[...]
I think she's still with him. Not sure...she always seems to make sure the PR
aspect of her entire life has been broadcast world wide.