Trey Gowdy Craps Out...Calls His Time In Congress A Waste: "Don't Have A Lot To Show
2018-04-06 21:46:30 UTC
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gowdy-congress-waste

Retiring Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) is counting down the days until his time in
Washington, D.C. is up.

Partially because he’s tired of the “ineffectiveness” of the job and the hyper
partisanship that he was once the face of, but largely due to his belief that
the last seven years in Congress were a waste of time, he told Vice News in an
interview Thursday night.

“I have 19 more drives to the airport before this session is over,” he told
Vice. “I liked the people, I don’t like the job. … To the extent men judge
themselves based on what they do for a living, I don’t have a lot to show for
the last seven years.”

Gowdy announced his retirement in January by proclaiming: “Whatever skills I may
have are better utilized in a courtroom than in Congress.” He’s been critical of
the gig ever since and told Vice Thursday that Republicans’ main downfall in
2018 is the constant need to “win.”

“We’ve convinced ourselves that we have to win because the country will go to
Hades in a handbasket if my team doesn’t win,” he said.

2018-04-07 13:26:18 UTC
Gowdy announced his retirement in January by proclaiming: "Whatever
skills I may have are better utilized in a courtroom than in Congress."
I don't know about a courtroom but he's a shoo-in for the next
"Coneheads" revival.