Kellyanne Conway Claims Martin Luther King Would Be Against Trump Impeachment
2020-01-21 01:08:36 UTC
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kellyanne-conway-martin-luther-king-jr-would-be-against-trump-impeachment

Kellyanne Conway on Monday responded to a question on how the president is
observing Martin Luther King Day by claiming the civil-rights leader would
oppose the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

During a press gathering at the White House, NBC News correspondent Geoff
Bennett asked the senior Trump aide how the president was observing Martin
Luther King Day, prompting Conway to first note that Trump was preparing for his
trip to Davos before saying the president “agrees with many of the things that
Dr. Martin Luther King stood for.”

From there, it only got more bizarre.

Adding that the president and Dr. King would see eye-to-eye on “unity and
equality,” Conway complained that it’s not the president who is “trying to tear
the country apart through an impeachment process and a lack of substance that
really is very shameful at this point.”

“I’ve held my opinion on it for a very long time, but when you see the articles
of impeachment that came out, I don’t think it was Dr. King’s vision to have
Americans dragged through a process where the president is not going to be
removed from office, is not being charged bribery, extortion, high crimes and
misdemeanors,” she continued.

After declaring that anyone who cares for the phrase “and justice for all”
should appreciate that the president has a “full-throttle defense” when it comes
to impeachment, Conway concluded by linking herself with MLK.

“I, this morning, was reading some of the lesser-known passages by Dr. King and
I appreciate the fact that we as a nation respect him by giving him his own
day,” she proclaimed.

“I’m happy to share a birthday with this day,” Conway concluded.

2020-01-21 22:32:15 UTC
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kellyanne-conway-martin-luther-king-jr-
would-be-against-trump-impeachment
Kellyanne Conway on Monday responded to a question on how the president
is observing Martin Luther King Day by claiming the civil-rights leader would
oppose the impeachment of President Donald Trump.
During a press gathering at the White House, NBC News correspondent Geoff
Bennett asked the senior Trump aide how the president was observing Martin
Luther King Day, prompting Conway to first note that Trump was preparing for
his trip to Davos before saying the president "agrees with many of the things
that Dr. Martin Luther King stood for."
From there, it only got more bizarre.
Adding that the president and Dr. King would see eye-to-eye on "unity and
equality," Conway complained that it's not the president who is "trying to
tear the country apart through an impeachment process and a lack of
substance that really is very shameful at this point."
"I've held my opinion on it for a very long time, but when you see the
articles of impeachment that came out, I don't think it was Dr. King's vision to
have Americans dragged through a process where the president is not going to
be removed from office, is not being charged bribery, extortion, high crimes
and misdemeanors," she continued.
Chilling in its hubris, this one must have really made her feel like she
needed "to take a shower" after lying for Trump, that's what she told
some confidants lying for him made her feel like in the beginning.
Mary W. Moffat
2020-01-21 22:48:35 UTC
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kellyanne-conway-martin-luther-king-jr-
would-be-against-trump-impeachment
Kellyanne Conway on Monday responded to a question on how the president
is observing Martin Luther King Day by claiming the civil-rights leader would
oppose the impeachment of President Donald Trump.
During a press gathering at the White House, NBC News correspondent Geoff
Bennett asked the senior Trump aide how the president was observing Martin
Luther King Day, prompting Conway to first note that Trump was preparing for
his trip to Davos before saying the president "agrees with many of the things
that Dr. Martin Luther King stood for."
From there, it only got more bizarre.
Adding that the president and Dr. King would see eye-to-eye on "unity and
equality," Conway complained that it's not the president who is "trying to
tear the country apart through an impeachment process and a lack of
substance that really is very shameful at this point."
"I've held my opinion on it for a very long time, but when you see the
articles of impeachment that came out, I don't think it was Dr. King's vision to
have Americans dragged through a process where the president is not going to
be removed from office, is not being charged bribery, extortion, high crimes
and misdemeanors," she continued.
Chilling in its hubris, this one must have really made her feel like she
needed "to take a shower" after lying for Trump, that's what she told
some confidants lying for him made her feel like in the beginning.
She couldn't clean out her foul snatch with a fire hose.