Trump to ABC's Cecilia Vega: 'I Know You're Not Thinking, You Never Do'
2018-10-01 19:53:06 UTC
https://theslot.jezebel.com/trump-to-abcs-cecilia-vega-i-know-youre-not-thinking-1829441372

A press conference announcing a new trade agreement with Canada and Mexico
turned awkward when President Trump had a hostile interaction with a woman who
is a White House correspondent for ABC News.

After Trump granted journalist Cecilia Vega an opportunity to ask a question,
there was a brief pause as Vega obtained a microphone. Trump decided to use this
time to make a strange (and inaccurate) observation.

TRUMP: She’s shocked I picked her. She’s in a state of shock.

VEGA: I’m not. Thank you, Mr. President.

TRUMP: I know you’re not thinking, you never do.

VEGA: I’m sorry?

TRUMP: No, go ahead. Go ahead.

Trump was particularly antagonistic toward journalists during this press
conference. Unsurprisingly, he was noticeably more hostile toward the women
journalists than the men. When Trump wasn’t condescending to women, he was
deflecting questions about Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and cryptically
spoke of “compromising” information he has on a senate Democrat that he refused
to name. Normal.

2018-10-01 22:14:13 UTC
https://theslot.jezebel.com/trump-to-abcs-cecilia-vega-i-know-youre-not-
thinking-1829441372
A press conference announcing a new trade agreement with Canada and Mexico
turned awkward when President Trump had a hostile interaction with a woman
who is a White House correspondent for ABC News.
After Trump granted journalist Cecilia Vega an opportunity to ask a question,
there was a brief pause as Vega obtained a microphone. Trump decided to
use this time to make a strange (and inaccurate) observation.
TRUMP: She's shocked I picked her. She's in a state of shock.
VEGA: I'm not. Thank you, Mr. President.
TRUMP: I know you're not thinking, you never do.
That's a false "acquisition," as Silly recently put it.