Cardi B says she wants to be a politician even though she doesn't 'agree with government'
2020-01-14 06:16:38 UTC
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/13/entertainment/cardi-b-government-tweet-trnd/index.html

(CNN) — Cardi B wants to be a politician. Maybe not soon, but she's
considering it.

In a series of tweets this week, the rapper expressed an interest in being a
part of Congress, telling her fans she'd share more details soon.

"I really love government even tho I don't agree with government," Cardi B said
on Twitter Sunday.

"Like I was watching war documentaries. No matter how many weapons a country
have you need people! How are you trying to go against a country and possibly
start a war wen this country lacks patriotism? I barely see people claiming they
LOVE being American," she tweeted.

The Grammy Award-winning artist went on to say there's a lot "I will have to
explain," adding she'd have to make a video to talk about it all.

In her last tweet in the series, she said: "I do feel like if I go back to
school and focus up I can be part of Congress. I ... have sooo much ideas that
make sense. I just need a couple of years of school and I can shake the table."

It's not the first time Cardi B goes political. After all, in 2018, she told GQ
magazine that she loves political science, government and is "obsessed" with
presidents and how the system works.

Last January, Hawaii Sen. Brian Schatz and Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy
wondered publicly whether to retweet a Cardi B video in which she railed against
the government shutdown.

In the profanity-laced video addressing the shutdown -- which was the longest in
the nation's history --- Cardi B said the US was in "a hellhole right now. All
for a ... wall."

"I feel like we need to take some action," she said. "I don't know what type of
action ... because this is not what I do. But ... I'm scared."

Over the summer, she partnered up with Democratic presidential candidate Bernie
Sanders for a campaign video in which she asked him questions ranging from
Dreamers to police brutality to wages.

The questions, she said in the video, had been submitted by her fans.

"Let's feel the Bern," she said at the closing of the video.

In a prior tweet to that, she had said she was "sad for how we let him down in
2016.

"This man been fighting for equal rights, HUMAN rights for such along time.
Seeing this country become a better place been really his passion for a long
time not a new front for a campaign," she said in a July tweet.

*
2020
2020-01-14 10:37:21 UTC
Cardi B wants to be a politician
Why not, she's probably smarter than AOC.
Miloch
2020-01-14 16:21:08 UTC
Post by 2020
Post by Miloch
Cardi B wants to be a politician
Why not, she's probably smarter than AOC.
...and having never been impeached, even smarter than Drumpf.

*
2020
2020-01-14 23:11:43 UTC
Post by 2020
Post by Miloch
Cardi B wants to be a politician
Why not, she's probably smarter than AOC.
...and having never been impeached, even smarter than Drumpf.
LOL Triggered.
How's that 4 year long impeachment thing going, MiCuck? LOL
Miloch
2020-01-14 23:33:55 UTC
Post by 2020
Post by Miloch
Post by 2020
Post by Miloch
Cardi B wants to be a politician
Why not, she's probably smarter than AOC.
...and having never been impeached, even smarter than Drumpf.
LOL Triggered.
How's that 4 year long impeachment thing going, MiCuck? LOL
Shouldn't you be picking your nose and changing truck tires right about now
instead of being HERE?

LOL

*
2020
2020-01-15 01:04:57 UTC
Post by 2020
Post by Miloch
Post by 2020
Post by Miloch
Cardi B wants to be a politician
Why not, she's probably smarter than AOC.
...and having never been impeached, even smarter than Drumpf.
LOL Triggered.
How's that 4 year long impeachment thing going, MiCuck? LOL
Shouldn't you be picking your nose and changing truck tires right about now
instead of being HERE?
LOL
Yeah, I do know how to change a tire. Do you, MiCuck?
Probably not, eh Snowflake?