What ethnic background was Laci?
Add Reply
j***@gmail.com
2020-06-24 04:37:08 UTC
Dennis rocha was Mexican. I don’t know why people want to be Italian, portugués or Spaniard? Just be proud of what you are. Shame on all of you
Rodrigo Freitas
2021-02-15 03:20:59 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Dennis rocha was Mexican. I don’t know why people want to be Italian, portugués or Spaniard? Just be proud of what you are. Shame on all of you
I totally agree with you: You should be proud of your origins. That said, I must tell you that Dennis Rocha is from Portuguese ancestry not Mexican.

According to his wife Shannon Rocha in the book "For Laci: A Mother's Story of Love, Loss, and Justice":
https://www.amazon.com/Laci-Mothers-Story-Love-Justice/dp/0307338290 :

"During my freshman year, I started dating Dennis Rocha, the son of a dairyman whose Portuguese family had deep roots in Escalon. Dennis was already attending Modesto Junior College when a mutual friend introduced us at a dance in Turlock. We became serious very quickly. After I graduated from high school in 1969, Dennis and I married in a traditional ceremony at St. Patrick’s Church attended by four hundred people, most of them Dennis’s relatives, or so it seemed. We moved into a new three-bedroom home on the north end of his family’s 365-acre ranch."