Record Execs Told Christina Aguilera To Change Her Name Because It Sounded “Too Ethnic
2020-06-27 23:28:24 UTC
https://dlisted.com/2020/06/27/record-execs-told-christina-aguilera-to-change-her-name-because-it-sounded-too-ethnic/#more-373858

Christina Aguilera recently told Billboard about some of her more traumatic
experiences coming up in the late 90s-early 00s pop music game and FUCK… those
must have been some truly creepy times. With Lou Pearlman‘s predatory ass
jet-setting around the country being a disgusting creep around N’SYNC and The
Backstreet Boys, you can just imagine how extra gross it must have been for a
handful of teenage girls. And she once again told the story of how one of her
battles against powerful men in suits was the fight to keep her last name
because they thought it was “too ethnic” for the mainstream.

Before those years when Christina was pit against Britney Spears in a fight for
the title of the new pop princess, Xtina was still trying to hang onto her own
goddamn name. And she recalls the period when she had to deal with skeevy suits
pressuring her to change it.

“I remember when I was first coming up, there was a big debate around me on
changing my last name because all the businessmen around me thought it was too
long, too complicated, and too ethnic. ‘Christina Agee’ was an option, but that
clearly wasn’t going to fly,” Christina told the publication. “I was dead set
against the idea and I wanted to represent who I really was. Being Latina, it is
a part of my heritage and who I am.”

*
Hello Kiitty
2020-06-28 00:28:39 UTC
Christina Aguilera recently told Billboard about some of her more traumatic
experiences coming up in the late 90s-early 00s pop music game and FUCK… those
must have been some truly creepy times. With Lou Pearlman‘s predatory ass
jet-setting around the country being a disgusting creep around N’SYNC and The
Backstreet Boys, you can just imagine how extra gross it must have been for a
handful of teenage girls. And she once again told the story of how one of her
battles against powerful men in suits was the fight to keep her last name
because they thought it was “too ethnic” for the mainstream.
"predatory ass" ?

Do they have teenagers writing these "articles"? They are clearly geared toward
the lowest our society has to offer, and 75 year-old single men <smirk> in SF.