Al Franken might actually run for office again
2018-08-01 20:29:26 UTC
https://news.avclub.com/al-franken-might-actually-run-for-office-again-1828036344

In December, Al Franken resigned from his position in the Senate after eight
women accused him of touching them inappropriately over the years, with the
accusations dating back to his days as a comedian. His seat was filled by
Minnesota’s lieutenant governor Tina Smith, who will now be facing a special
election later this year, but this might not really be the end of Franken’s
political career. During an interview with a CBS affiliate in Minnesota (via
Roll Call), Franken was asked if he’d ever run for office again, to which he
responded, “I don’t know. I haven’t ruled it out, and I haven’t ruled it in.”

Part of the reason seems to be that Franken really misses his political career,
saying that he “loved that job” and that it was “very meaningful” for him. As
Vox notes, though, Franken’s return would be hugely divisive among the Democrat
establishment, since a lot of Democratic senators had called for him to resign
even as West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin called the move “the most hypocritical
thing” he had ever seen happen to someone.

2018-08-01 22:33:46 UTC
[...]
I don't see it happening, or at least I don't see him getting elected as
a Democrat again.

If he misses politics he should develop some kind of Bill Mahar-like
show with one of the premium cable channels.
M.L.
2018-08-02 12:43:12 UTC
During an interview with a CBS affiliate in Minnesota (via
Roll Call), Franken was asked if he‚d ever run for office again, to which he
responded, "I don't know. I haven't ruled it out, and I haven't ruled it in."
I don't see it happening, or at least I don't see him getting elected as
a Democrat again.
I don't see it happening again either, if only because most of his
campaign message will be swallowed up by his #MeToo critics as well as
the republicans. If he couldn't withstand his critics while already in
office, it's unlikely he could withstand a fight to return.