CNN Obtains One of Michael Cohen's Secretly Taped Conversations With Trump
2018-07-25 15:00:39 UTC
https://splinternews.com/cnn-obtains-one-of-michael-cohens-secretly-taped-conver-1827851049

We didn’t have to wait long to hear what was on at least one of the tapes that
was secretly recorded by President Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen, who has
turned on his long-time boss in recent weeks. The tape, on which the pair
discuss buying rights to a former Playboy model’s story about her alleged affair
with Trump, was aired on Chis Cuomo’s CNN’s show Cuomo Prime Time.

CNN summarizes the tape’s contents:

“I need to open up a company for the transfer of all of that info regarding our
friend David,” Cohen said in the recording, likely a reference to American Media
head David Pecker.

Trump interrupts Cohen asking, “What financing?” according to the recording.
When Cohen tells Trump, “We’ll have to pay.” Trump is heard saying “pay with
cash” but the audio is muddled and it’s unclear whether he suggests paying with
cash or not paying. Cohen says, “no, no” but it is not clear what is said next.

Cohen’s lawyer Lanny Davis went on Chis Cuomo’s show to discuss the tape, which
he seems to believe bodes well for his client.

Trump’s current lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, released an alternate transcription of
the tape, in which Trump says that they should not pay by cash, but by check. In
his statement to CNN, Giuliani says, “Cohen is talking about buying the rights
from AMI... they’re talking about a corporation doing it, one of their
corporations doing it... President says ‘Make sure it’s done correctly, and make
sure it’s done by check.’”

Aaron Rupar
✔ @atrupar
· 13h

Trump can be heard on the tape saying, "cash, cash." Cohen's lawyer says, "the
only people who use cash are drug dealers and mobsters."
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1021925230724501504 …

There’s a lot going on here, and it’s hard to tell how this will play out before
more of the tapes are released, but the whole thing feels incredibly slimy.

*
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-07-25 20:14:44 UTC
[...]
Lanny is screwing his client..... in order to get to trump. And he
wants to get to trump to make a name for himself and get rich.
--
That's Karma

*Rumination*
1157 - If an illegal alien terrorist blows up a building in a Sanctuary
City, is it illegal or is it just an Undocumented fireworks display?