Jerry Orbach Took Mob Secret To The Grave
Rick in Oz
2005-11-17 13:13:53 UTC
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/109422004.htm

Jerry Orbach Took Mob Secret To The Grave
November 17, 2005, 7:16:36

JERRY ORBACH TOOK MOB BOSS KILLER SECRET TO THE GRAVE

Late LAW & ORDER star JERRY ORBACH took a secret to the grave with him - he
knew the identity of a Mafia mob boss killer and refused to tell.

The beloved DIRTY DANCING star refused to co-operate with police, even
though he was an eye witness to the murder of JOSEPH 'CRAZY JOEY' GALLO,
right up until his death last year (04).

Retired homicide investigator JOSEPH COFFEY has told US tabloid National
Enquirer that Orbach and Gallo were friends when the actor was a big name in
Broadway in 1972, and was with the mob boss when he was gunned down.

But Coffey insists he wasn't able to close the case because Orbach refused
to name the killer.

The retired cop says, "You'd think he would have wanted to help us solve it
(the case). However, when I brought him in for questioning Orbach dummied
up.

"I don't think he was afraid that the mob would take revenge on him if he
talked. I think he was just afraid it would ruin his career."
j***@gmail.com
2005-11-18 01:08:43 UTC
Ok--so IF Jerry saw the killing he still would not have known or had
evidence of who the MOB BOSS was that ordered the hit.

IF he was eating at a restaurant with a friend and his family members
on his birthday and gunman burst in and shot up the place, killing his
friend, I think he would be more concerned for his life than his
career!

IF he was concerned about his career--why did his very public
friendship with Crazy Joey not worry him to begin with? Why pursue it?

IF he and Marta were with Joey--why was it not reported in the papers
at the time?

IF they were there and could name the killers and the Mob Boss behind
it--why, when the police put an officer in their home for protection,
did Marta tell the New York Times on April 13, 1972 that there was no
danger and the guard was "alarming dumbness" on the police's part.

IF they were there why do all of the books written by or with people
who were there either not name Jerry and Marta as being there or
specifically comment on the fact that the Orbachs split from Joey at
the Copa BEFORE Joey went out to eat at Umberto's Clam Shop, where he
was gunned down?

The Killing of Joey Gallo by Harvey Aronson
names the following as being at Umberto's with Joey--
Carmella Fiorello (Joey's Sister)-Pete "The Greek" Diapoulos (Joey's
Bodyguard) - Edna(?) Russo (The Greek's Girlfriend)-Matty "the Horse"
Ianniella (Umberto's owner)- Joe "Pesh" Luparelli ( a known Colombo
associate and associate of Joey Yak, who had put a contract out on
Joey)-Sina Marie (Essary) Gallo (Joey's 2nd wife)-Lisa Essary (Sina's
10 years old daughter)
And distinctly states the Orbach's left Joey at the Copa

The Sixth Family by Peter (Pete the Greek) Diapoulos and Steven Linakis
No mention of Orbach's after the Copa

Joey by Donald Goddard (who interviewed both of Joey's wives for the
book)
Names the same people as the other books and says the Orbach's saw Joey
at the Copa but left on their own before Joey did.

The Luparelli Tapes by Paul Meskil with Joe Luparelli
Again, names only the same people as the other books as being at
Umberto's. Joey Gallo, Sina Gallo, Lisa Essary, Carmella Fiorello, Pete
the Greek, Matty the Horse, and Joe Pesh Luparelli.

Since there were so many other people there who would know who the
gunmen were, why does this retired homicide investigator insist he
could not close the case because Jerry wouldn't talk?

It pains me to think that anyone would want to smear Jerry's good name
-especially since he is not here to defend himself!
j***@gmail.com
This isn't a theory or speculation. I knew Jerry and discussed the event with someone inside information. Like many big stars, Jerry became of interest to Gallo in the years he (Orbach) was at the top of his fame. He never denied the shooting event but sure as heck wasn't a member of the Mob, or know what was going on, except to the extent mob stars and Broadway starts became pals. I'd be the first to protect Jerry's memory, but he never denied the event or his presence.
j***@gmail.com
Miloch
2019-12-13 18:36:17 UTC
Post by Rick in Oz
[...]
His death was a mob hit..."Doctor Luigi" made his death look like he died of
prostate cancer.

Common knowledge that the Sicilian Cosa Nostra send their sons/daughters to
Harvard Medical School.

*
kelown
2019-12-13 20:47:24 UTC
Post by Rick in Oz
"I don't think he was afraid that the mob would take revenge on him if he
talked. I think he was just afraid it would ruin his career."
I think the first choice was more likely. Why would squealing on a mob
murderer hurt his career?