Madonna is busted for Photoshopping her face onto ANOTHER woman's body
2021-03-26 17:03:33 UTC
...to promote an album on Instagram - as the 28-year-old whose photo she used
calls it the 'weirdest thing to happen to me'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9403331/Madonna-busted-photoshopping-face-womans-body.html

*On May 1, 2015, Madonna shared a photo of herself in a houndstooth skirt and
Joy Division T-shirt on Instagram to promote her Rebel Heart album

*Amelia Goldie, who is from Australia, shared the original photo with her own
face on TikTok, where her video has quickly gone viral

*She said that she first 'thought it was a joke' and tried contacting Madonna's
team, with no response

*Though she is 'flattered,' she wishes she had been credited

*Instagram commenters are now mocking Madonna and urging her to give Amelia
credit for the six-year-old image

Madonna has been accused of photoshopping her face onto the body of an
Australian woman in her 20s.

On May 1, 2015, Madonna shared a photo of herself in a tight houndstooth skirt
and Joy Division T-shirt on Instagram to promote her Rebel Heart album.

The only problem is that while it's undoubtedly Madge's face in the photo, the
body actually belongs to 28-year-old Amelia Goldie, who has brought the bizarre
photo-stealing to the public's attention in a viral TikTok video this month.

Madonna made no mention of Photoshop when she first shared the photo six years
ago, captioning it: 'I look Kewl.'

But Amelia soon noticed that the singer's body looked incredibly familiar.

Speaking to BuzzFeed, she said that she first 'thought it was a joke,' but then
'realized it wasn’t because it was [posted on] her official account.'

'I tried to reach out via Instagram to her team twice, to no response,' she
said.

She shared the photo on her own Instagram account in 2017, writing: 'Two years
today since queen @madonna used a photo of me on her Instagram with her face
photoshopped onto it. Still the best/weirdest/funniest thing to ever happen to
me.'

Then, on March 10 of this year, Amelia shared the funny memory again — where
it's earned the attention of two million TikTok users.

'When Madonna posts a photo of herself to IG to promote her album but it's
actually your body (I'm not joking),' she wrote.

She was even more surprised to realize that, six years later, the photo is still
on the star's Instagram.

'I told my parents and they still think it’s a joke and can’t comprehend how or
why it’s happened. It’s hilarious,' she told Vice.

'I [would] definitely laugh and say I'm flattered, but of course that I wish I
was credited!' she added.

'I think if you're going to play somebody else's body off as your own, they
deserve to be mentioned. But no hard feelings!'

It's unclear if Madonna or her team are aware they've been caught out, but
commenters have begun flooding the 2015 post with jokes and accusations.

'Sooooo. This is your body, right?' wrote one.

'Madonna's secret to youth: steal the body of a 20 something and drink the blood
of virgins,' wrote another.

'Girl this ain't even good photoshop,' commented one more, while yet another
accused her of trying to 'play someone else's body off as your own.'

*
kelown
2021-03-27 06:21:40 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9403331/Madonna-busted-photoshopping-face-womans-body.html
*On May 1, 2015, Madonna shared a photo of herself in a houndstooth skirt and
Joy Division T-shirt on Instagram to promote her Rebel Heart album
*Amelia Goldie, who is from Australia, shared the original photo with her own
face on TikTok, where her video has quickly gone viral
This reminds me of the Aug 1989 TV Guide cover with Oprah Winfrey's head
placed on the body of Ann Margaret without permission. Ms. Margaret was
not pleased.
http://www.alteredimagesbdc.org/tv-guide