Kellyanne Conway Says Woman Assaulted Her in a Restaurant in Front of Her Daughter
2019-02-08 18:44:16 UTC
https://splinternews.com/kellyanne-conway-says-woman-assaulted-her-in-a-restaura-1832457718

Kellyanne Conway, President Donald Trump’s senior White House adviser, said a
woman assaulted her in a Mexican restaurant in Maryland last year while her
middle school-aged daughter was present.

Conway, speaking to CNN in a clip of an interview aired Friday, spoke publicly
about the assault allegation for the first since the October incident. She said
the woman charged in the incident came up to her “screaming her head off” while
she was out with her daughter and her daughter’s friends for dinner.

“Somebody was grabbing me from behind, grabbing my arms, and was shaking me to
the point where I felt maybe somebody was hugging me,” Conway told CNN. “She was
out of control. I don’t even know how to explain her to you. She was just, her
whole face was terror and anger. She was right here, and my daughter was right
there. She ought to pay for that, she ought to pay for that, because she has no
right to touch anybody.”

Conway said she called 911 but the woman had already left. Conway’s daughter had
taken video of the encounter, which police used to help identify 63-year-old
Mary Elizabeth Inabinett after pulling her name from a receipt at the
restaurant.

According to charging documents obtained by CNN, Conway told police that the
woman shook her for a few seconds, “but the suspect continued to yell and
gesture at her for approximately 8-10 minutes before she was escorted from the
restaurant.” A restaurant manager also told the police that “the suspect was
yelling ‘shame on you’ and other comments believed to be about Conway’s
political views.”

Inabinett was charged in November with second-degree assault and disorderly
conduct, and her trial is scheduled for March in Maryland state court.
Inabinett’s lawyer, William Alden McDaniel Jr., told CNN his client would plead
not guilty and disputed Conway’s account of the incident.

“Ms. Inabinett saw Kellyanne Conway, a public figure, in a public place, and
exercised her First Amendment right to express her personal opinions. She did
not assault Ms. Conway. The facts at trial will show this to be true, and show
Ms. Conway’s account to be false,” McDaniel said in a statement to the network.

That incident comes months after a string of public scoldings of other Trump
administration officials around the administration’s systemic separation of
migrant families attempting to enter the country. In June, Homeland Security
Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and
anti-immigrant policy architect Stephen Miller all had meals interrupted by
protesters demanding an end to the policy. Miller also trashed some overpriced
sushi after a bartender gave him the finger.

Conway called the idea that Trump staffers should be treated differently in
public for their work with the administration “complete nonsense.” She also said
she initially didn’t want to talk about the incident publicly because her
daughter and other children were involved.

“What’s necessary is for people to understand—in front of everybody but
especially in front of 13- and 14-year-old girls—that you need to control your
temper, control yourself. You need to get over the damn 2016 election and do
that because chances are—the big chances and I believe—that this man will be
re-elected,” Conway told CNN. “I don’t want it to become a thing. I just want it
to become a teachable moment for everyone that this all has consequences.”

----

Kellyanne's idea of a "teachable moment" is guided & shaped by her belief in
"alternative facts"...

*
Duke Mantee
2019-02-09 01:10:37 UTC
[...]
Hopefully, Mary Elizabeth Inabinett will be put into Saint Elizabeth's
Mental Hospital for evaluation and some electro-shock treatment for her
severe mental illness.
--
“Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” ~ Aristotle

"In multiracial societies, you don't vote in accordance with your
economic interests, you vote in accordance with race and religion." -
Lee Kuan Yew (Founder of Singapore)
Miloch
2019-02-09 01:37:38 UTC
Post by Duke Mantee
Post by Miloch
[...]
Prolly be put in a bed right next to the one reserved for Melania...who
apparently is slowly but surely going crazy after being stuck in loveless
marriage to a husband suffering from delusions of greatness.