Alan Dershowitz prepares countersuit against Jeffrey Epstein ‘sex slave’
2019-10-19 18:05:15 UTC
https://pagesix.com/2019/10/18/alan-dershowitz-preps-counter-suit-against-alleged-jeffrey-epstein-victim/

Lawyers representing Alan Dershowitz filed a legal letter Friday indicating
they’re planning a countersuit against Jeffrey Epstein’s “sex slave” Virginia
Giuffre for defamation.

The move comes after a Manhattan federal judge ruled Giuffre can move forward
with her defamation lawsuit against Dershowitz — but that she’ll have to find
new representation. (She was repped by David Boies, but Dershowitz intends to
call lawyers from Boies’ firm as witnesses in his case.)

A letter from Dershowitz’s lawyers at Aidala, Bertuna & Kamins to Judge Loretta
Preska filed Friday requested an adjournment of a discovery conference in the
case until Dec. 2, but also revealed: “In the interim, Mr. Dershowitz will file
his answer to the plaintiff’s complaint and assert counterclaims for defamation
and other tortious conduct against plaintiff seeking substantial damages.”

The letter said the adjournment is requested because his lawyers Arthur Aidala
and Imran Ansari will be traveling during a scheduled Nov. 20 hearing — but
would also “allow plaintiff to confer with her new counsel about the full scope
of this case, and will allow counsel for both parties to confer more
meaningfully.”

Aidala commented further, “We can now file a counterclaim. We are moving forward
emboldened … [Dershowitz] has been fighting these charges since the first time
they were levied against him … Our next step is — we’ve been on defense, and now
we’re going on offense, with all the tools and talents we have before us to
clear Mr. Dershowitz’s good name.”

Dershowitz told us he’ll invite the FBI to his trial. “The goal is simple: to
have the truth come out. I have nothing to hide,” he said.

He’s publishing a book, “Guilt by Accusation: The Challenge of Proving Innocence
in the Age of #MeToo,” on Nov. 19.

Giuffre alleged she was “lent out” to famed attorney Dershowitz for sex by the
late Epstein. She sued in April after Dershowitz publicly denounced her
allegations as untrue.

2019-10-20 16:09:18 UTC
https://pagesix.com/2019/10/18/alan-dershowitz-preps-counter-suit-
against-alleged-jeffrey-epstein-victim/
Lawyers representing Alan Dershowitz filed a legal letter Friday indicating
they're planning a countersuit against Jeffrey Epstein's "sex slave" Virginia
Giuffre for defamation.
Dershowitz told us he'll invite the FBI to his trial. "The goal is simple: to
have the truth come out. I have nothing to hide," he said.
He's publishing a book, "Guilt by Accusation: The Challenge of Proving
Innocence in the Age of #MeToo," on Nov. 19.
Anything to get your name back in the headlines for the new book I guess.

Wonder if his attitude about Trump and impeachment has changed after
Turkey's invasion of Syria and the danger it could pose to Israel.